Fuel Consumption

General Bike chat
exbandit rider

Fuel Consumption

Post by exbandit rider »

Hi guys
I am just about to take delivery of a new Firestorm and am wondering if ridden in normal conditions what you guys get to the gallon. i have heard anything for 18mph 20 38mph; and thought I would ask. I currently have (well for a few more days) a Suzuki Bandit and when I got that was told that it would do about 42 but going to work I regulally get 50 out of it, weekend are of course a different matter when I can get it to the low 30s.

Only just registered with you and hope to have some fun on your site

Paul
RQ

Post by RQ »

Welcome Exbandit!!
You are looking at anything from 80 to 120 miles per full tank on the 16L tanks depending how mad you go. When you say new, is it new to you or new new! Diff year, diff size of tank.

Enjoy the site, enjoy the bike, the grinning starts here!
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
exbandit rider

Fuel Consumption

Post by exbandit rider »

Thanks for the replys, when i said`the bike was new I really meant its new, its a 2003 model pre reg on a 53 plate with nothing on the clock, so i guess it has the 19L tank. I have read things that say the average MPH is approx 32, which is a bit of a shock from something that does about 42 to 45, but the other thing was that a friend at work who has an X reg firestorm, and loves it says that he only gets 3 to 4 thousand miles from tyres, I get about 7 thousan now and was kinda hoping as Im an old fart that I would get about 5 thou. What do you guys think, also I have been told that my beloved BTO2Os will be no good on a frestorm, I guess Azures would be better, never got on with O1O's as I shagged them in 3 thousand miles even on a bandit.
Thanks for the welcome and Ill tell you how I get on when I take delivery of it on Monday

Paul
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: Welcome on board :lol:
Expect about 40 mpg and you wont be far off the mark. A little more if you're gentle a little less if you're not.
I liked the 020 on the rear and the 010 on the front and I got nearly five thou out of the rear (well the first set :wink: )
Let us know what you think about the bike when you get it.
Cheers
Pete.l
Neophyte

only 5000?

Post by Neophyte »

That makes me think that I'm riding like a girl...lol...I must admit though that I don't corner hard or try and wheelie or anything...I just ride normally but do accelerate hard at times...I also do a lot of straight/upright riding as my 'old' tires indicated...I bought my bike with the 020 at the rear and I put 17000km (10600 miles) on it...I replaced it with a BT57...I also had the tires filled with nitrogen instead of normal air...so I fill you guys in on how much I get on this tire.
sproutout

Post by sproutout »

I have the 16l tank and normally get 90miles+reserve to a full tank thats about 27mpg including reserve, have seen it run dry at 50miles though (14mpg) - Im going to France in August with a few mates, the others are already moaning about planning a route around my Fuel consumption and I'm worried about the Oil reserves and the Bank Managers patience with my Fuel bill.
Tyres - I've got Continental Contiforce front and rear on at the moment good in the dry but bloody lethal in the rain so probably the Bridgestone 020, 010 setup or the Metzeler M1's for me next.
Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you cant do!!!
RQ

Post by RQ »

Mmmm, must drive like a hoon so, I got 3,500 miles out of a rear Metzler, and I can't wheelie! Yep, have a 16l tank and get at most around the 85 miles mark before the light comes on.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
Druid

Post by Druid »

I have an 03 Firestorm, with the 19ltr tank. I use it for commuting ( a mix of motorway and urban traffic) and I fill up at about 130 miles - every 3 days. I usually put around 14ltrs in, though the gauge is usually flashing by then. Dunno where the other 5 litres get to :?

Tyres: I have 020s front and rear, fitted by the dealer as one of the conditions of the sale. I really like them, lots of feel, warm up quickly, and grip well in the wet. Wearing well at 2k also.

I used an 010 front and 020 rear on my old VFR, I think I may try that on the Storm when the 020s wear out, (or the replacement is it the 012?) They lasted about 5k on the VFR, but both wore out at the same time so needed to be replaced as a pair.
andys350

Post by andys350 »

got busted for 110 on motorway, so being a bit scared stiff that week i did my usual journey in top gear 65mph (98 model) and it did 46mpg

andy
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

'SCUSE ME........... invite me to your homeland sunshine and i'll show you how to 'ride like a girl'!!!!!! lol

haha you tell em girl looks like theres gonna be some bitchslappin goin on around here :lol:
louder the better by arrow