My storm is no more :-(

General Bike chat
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

Decided to start stripping the storm this evening ready for the winter refurb i had planned for it.

it started going wrong when i started pulling the fairings off (always managed to avoid taking them off) and bits of plastic started falling away, then discovered both side panels were held on by cable ties 8O then as the as the fairings came away the r/h rad headed south caught only by the pipes.

Then off came the clocks then after undoing one of the bolts holding the fairing stay onto the headstock the whole thing came away leaving a nice big hole in the headstock 8O 8O 8O on the bracket i hadn't touched. On closer inspection it appears someone at some point attempted to superglue it back on (seriously pics to follow), the missus appeared at this point, and said why dont you just buy another one :clap: :clap: :clap:

anyway after having a good work out i dont really think its worth repairing, need tank (mines rusty), tail fairing, seat, r/h rad, frame, one of my fork legs is dented, subframe looks twisted (and rusty), brake lines are rough, and paint.

so yeah all in all a depressing evening, time to start saving now for another one.
slipper 1

Re: My storm is no more :-(

Post by slipper 1 »

Sorry to hear that. Good news that you have full permission to get another one ! Plenty of bargains around at this time of year as well.
playerone

Post by playerone »

holy sh1t, the only thing missing from that list is the back wheel dropping out when u put it on the paddock stand :lol: u might get the savings pot started selling anything thats salvagable :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bad news Good news
Get a new one and sell the broken one in bits to recover some of the cost

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

to be fair all thats left to flog is the engine and a few bits and pieces, if i can avoid selling the engine i will, that could well end up being the next project, i reckon a storm engined buggy would be a bit of an animal :-)

Oh and definitely going for another storm, need to make good use of my harris rearsets and high level exhausts :D
Last edited by MJONESY on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playerone

Post by playerone »

MJONESY wrote:to be fair all thats left to flog is the engine and a few bits and pieces, if i can avoid selling the engine i will, that could well end up being the next project, i reckon a storm engined buggy would be a bit of an animal :-)
Now that sounds like it would be a lot of fun :clap:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's an animal lol
Seen some buggies with 2 vtr engines in 0)

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bad luck dude, i did see a sorted yellow storm on ebay this week, whoever owned it must have been a forum member at some point, it was still cheap probably because its yellow :lol:
its probably to soon but heres the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-100 ... 27c095ac90
lots of nice bits on it tho.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Thats the thud of vultures falling out off the sky! :p
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good bike shame about the colour

MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

That looks a well sorted bike there bsm, probably wont be in a position to buy another till about febuary time, i do know of one thats been parked in a shed for the last couple of years, just after being resprayed gun metal grey, sure it had less than 10k on the clock high level scorpians, the guy was prepared to sell it a while back but not bothered either way so may pop and see him at some point.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my thoughts aswell buddy hahaha, you could always budget a few hundred quid for a respray.... :lol:
i'm trying to figure out if the bellypan is carbon fibre or not and a gear position indicator, very nice indeed.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have all of those parts in stock, so I'll PM you.
:thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bloody hell Murry, that sound both scary and depressing :thumbdown:

Better you found out it was held together with cable ties and glue when in the workshop than out on the road, that would not have been good.

Good luck getting the new one, and at least you have the quad to use all winter.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:I have all of those parts in stock, so I'll PM you.
:thumbup:
it would be easier selling him the r plater...... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!