***Explicit rear shots***

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Anyway I feel I can confide in you lot now I have known you for a while. For some time I have been thinking of going in from the rear. It became a bit of a fixation, which I have to confess my partner couldn't understand, but she has come to terms with it.
Anyway I stripped her down and removed any obstructions, but have to confess it looked too big for such a small apeture. So I greased up well and to my surprise it slipped into location in a most satisfactory manner. Just moved it around a bit until I was satisfied, then cleaned up.
I managed to take some shots for you guys -

What were you expecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Re: ***Explicit rear shots***

Post by lloydie »

a yellow storm lol
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

do you have enough clearance between the brace and the cans ?
rob...

Post by rob... »

be interesting to see a dyno run with those on, i recon you'll loose a good few bhp of the top with the length of those link pipes.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The only clearance issues I have found is the Penske Remote reservoir. I think I will need to get a longer hose to mount it away from the swingarm arc. There is about 5mm between the brace and the cans, however thats off the stand with me sitting on the bike, so I will see when I ride it properly.
The Scorpion Hi Level system has been on the bike since just after I bought it in February and it rides well. I have fitted two long velocity stacks (two long standard ones not Dr Honda) and it picks up well. Once I have finished mucking about with it I will get it dynoed but I am quite happy with it this far.
The whole purpose of buying the bike was to have a long term project I could invest in over a period of time, rather than hose it down with cash constantly.
The next thing will be the USD front end, once the wheels come back from PC.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

very clean matey, it's looking very nice, i just picked my swingarm up from tony today.
i'm going with the hugger painted the same colour as the bike.
pictures to follow........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That looks nice mate. I wanted mine to look as stock as possible so I added the decals to it.
Are you going to fit the little front chain guard as well as the hugger?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

this is the hugger, it will be painted the same colour as your bike mate, because i've got the spondon frame there is not so much of a gap, so i'll have to wait and see when it's fitted..... :idea:

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Make sure the hugger fits before you have it painted as most don't line up
I'm using a 92 brace and a 92 hugger and the mounts don't line up .
So I'm having them repositioned at the same time as the welding
And the same with the front chain guard

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good shout mate, i'll have a look before painting........... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

How weird is that. I used 97 brace onto a 99 VTR arm and carbon fibre hugger and front guard and they all lined up perfectly. I did make up alloy spacers which go through the carbon fibre to support the panels and not allow the bolts to cause stress fractures. just bought some alloy tube from B&Q and cut it with a screw down pipe slice.
I capped them off with plastic washers to make the carbon fibre all comfy. :D