Dont laugh....moment of madness!

General Bike chat
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

After losing my marbles and not even considering how the hell I am going to pay for it I have put a deposit down on a triple black 1200 GS
Image The test ride on the 2012 bike sealed it, lot more grunt than the previous model. Fell in love and signed my life away! :oops: great deal with loads of extras thrown in, the triple black special just blew me away :twisted:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Furrybiker

Re: Dont laugh....moment of madness!

Post by Furrybiker »

Yeah,but no, but Yeah but.........If you didnt do it you would only regret it, hopefully :D Definitely the best looking of the breed!

My cousin has rushes of blood to the head like this, we now have a standard conversation "Can you afford it? Do you really want it? Will you use it? So whats the problem? Aah, the trouble I have got him into with his Mrs. with that conversation :crazy:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Love it! Nice one. :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Beamish wrote:1200 GS :twisted:
m8's got one and loves it.
& was chatting to chap tonight on an 07 and he said he doesnt know what he could possibly replace it with. and that it shouldnt corner as well as it does.
done a few track days on it & i beleive him when he said he put a few 1000cc sports riders to shame!

this year on the ride down to rhyader i was getting a bit bored bimbling along then 2 of these zipped past.... i chased them at ___ speeds for 20 miles down the 483 twisty bit and was very impressed indeed. it was bloody hard work following their lines on the storm but great fun.

a very capable bike indeed :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
gilson

Post by gilson »

Used to have an 1150gs. Loved it.

Tried a 1200 adventure. Nice bike. More lithe an quicker.

Not only will the purchase price get you. Modding is a far more serious affair than with the VTR, and Rhys saying something.
No bike (yet).
geodude

Post by geodude »

Beamish wrote:After losing my marbles and not even considering how the hell I am going to pay for it.....
Jim...
DO NOT
under any circumstances
click THIS link
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O well Jim, you change bikes that often I had almost forgotten what your last bike was :wink: Only joking, you enjoy it while you can, well when you get it of course :thumbup: The colour scheme looks great.

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Geo you bast*** just look at the kit on that website 8O As it is my kids will be getting used to brands such as George and Aldi, my missus is ok with it suprisingly I think she has seen the comfy rear seat and backrest.

Chris I havent been on for a while but I have done a bit of bike maint with a bit of selling (for fun obviously) so the Gixxer was the only stable part of my biking life see below:

I have also got a 2000 blade similar to this one

and a VFR800FI similar to this one

The Blade and VFR are now for sale (unsurprisingly)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Loving the gpz550. Did you sell it as well?
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep the gpz flew on eBay, ran pretty rough but was suprisingly quick for an old bus
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done fella, you bought a block of flats!!! It's massive.
How did you get on with your college project on inventing the perfect CCT? Are you a multi millionaire on the strength of it?
Hope you are well, how are Timbo & FSM doing?

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I have a Gpz like that but in red, had it since new runs well and as you say quick for an old bus. Getting on it after the Storm is a real culture shock! Still its better around town, and hopefully wont get nicked :think:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Kev L wrote:Well done fella, you bought a block of flats!!! It's massive.
How did you get on with your college project on inventing the perfect CCT? Are you a multi millionaire on the strength of it?
Hope you are well, how are Timbo & FSM doing?

:beer:
Hiya bud, i suggest you blag a ride, the 2010 model onwards is as light as a standard storm (about 200Kg) and has more grunt, it really has been an eye opener for me, I took it down two routes that I know extremely well one very twisty and the other very fast with longer gradual bends and I bet I wasnt far off the pace of the gixxer 8O I cant explain how easy it is to throw about, I had the front up with the traction cutting in :lol: I am not going to try and convert anyone as I really couldnt give a sh1t either way, I dont know how the hell such a package manages to work so well but it does, I cant wait to pick it up. The K6 thou is still the best sportsbike I have owned and once the prices come down (as they will, as dealers are not keen on the biguns) I will snap another one up couldnt afford not to trade in this time though. The CCT project got me a distinction so I am very chuffed thanks, havent seen FSM or Tim since a blast up to Matlock earlier in the year.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Furrybiker wrote:I have a Gpz like that but in red, had it since new runs well and as you say quick for an old bus. Getting on it after the Storm is a real culture shock! Still its better around town, and hopefully wont get nicked :think:

Considering the age and cc of the bike it really sings up towards 7K and beyond, the antidive forks even worked, well they didnt dive not sure working is the right term. Riding older bikes is brilliant, if I had my way I would have loads of bikes simply to enjoy riding and working out the different pros and cons of each. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Beamish wrote:Geo you bast*** just look at the kit on that website 8O As it is my kids will be getting used to brands such as George and Aldi, my missus is ok with it suprisingly I think she has seen the comfy rear seat and backrest.

Chris I havent been on for a while but I have done a bit of bike maint with a bit of selling (for fun obviously) so the Gixxer was the only stable part of my biking life see below:

The Blade and VFR are now for sale (unsurprisingly)
Jim, a very nice variety of bikes there. At least that way you've had the opportunity to ride more different bikes.
I'm not suprised the Blade and VFR are for sale now :wink:

Well done with the distinction on the CCT project :clap:

Chris.