Aluminium velocity stacks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
muppet

Post by muppet »

Hi, im going to be ordering some very trick Dr Honda velocity stacks from tony at http://www.a-lmotorsports.com he will do a deal for 4 sets at $135 a set ( about £87 )including shipping to the u.k , i will pay the import duty etc and split that 4 ways probable another £5-£10 max per person. as i said i will be ordering a set so are there 3 other members interested ? check out his website for nice piccies under superhawk parts :thumbup:
Last edited by muppet on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentpineapple

Re: Aluminium velocity stacks

Post by agentpineapple »

i would be up for it mate, let me know when you need and how much money needs to be transferred to your account, i just checked his website out and it lists the price at $130 what was the cost of shipping? i'm just trying to understand what discount he is offering thats all.
:thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
muppet

Post by muppet »

Hes doing a deal on shipping normally $40 a set will do the 4 sets for $20 total shipping as end of season sale ! with the shipping and import duty i recon on total cost of a pair of velocity stacks £92-£95. the item cost is the same i.e $130 but by splitting the $20 and £20 import between 4 of us ist a saving :clap:
Last edited by muppet on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm up for it if they give more torque
What's the total cost for me in pounds ?

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

they look shorter tahn stock, so my 1st guess is that they are for top end power not mid range, but I am sure there are people who have tried them and can advise. I think the SuperHawk team have used them in USA
AMcQ
muppet

Post by muppet »

in pounds £95 tops
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

If they are for top end there not for me thanks anyway
I'm after more mid grunt

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

if i'm right they are for midrange grunt, and they look nice and blingy aswell.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

bigspanishmarty wrote:if i'm right they are for midrange grunt, and they look nice and blingy aswell.... :lol:
IN THE AIR BOX!!!!!!! :? Marty you are a fashion tart!!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fashionista!!!!!!!!! hahahaha, on a serious note, i to am interested in grunt not top end hence the reason for a bigger rear sprocket. i've no real interest in 140/150mph but serious accleration is where it's at,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I used two long velocity stacks, rather than one short one long, as recommended by Tony M. You can really feel the difference in the midrange. Cost me £9 off the Bay, but they are only the stock plastic. You know how Gok Kwong can be soooo negative about airbox fashion errors!!!!!!!
I still think fashion tart sums it up better than fashionista matey peeps.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

These are the long billet runners and are indeed tuned for mid-range. I have been running exact copies of these for over two years now and they work very well (had a batch of these made locally two years ago and I beleive I had posted here asking for participants). A superhawkforum member tried them on his dyno and reported as much as a 5 bhp gain in the mids, with no loss in top-end (compated to OEM runners).

These are a great mod.

cheers
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I used two long velocity stacks, rather than one short one long, as recommended by Tony M. You can really feel the difference in the midrange. Cost me £9 off the Bay, but they are only the stock plastic. You know how Gok Kwong can be soooo negative about airbox fashion errors!!!!!!!
I still think fashion tart sums it up better than fashionista matey peeps.
:beer:

you got my number there mate..............if i was turning my bike into a street fighter, i would start a thread with the headline how to look good naked........... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I dont get it...

If these are the trumpet things that go in the air box, they are below the filter so arent visible yes? Why 'bling' them up?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Miztaziggy wrote:I dont get it...

If these are the trumpet things that go in the air box, they are below the filter so arent visible yes? Why 'bling' them up?
so i like to sit at the side of the road, having taken the tank and air box off posing, please don't judge me........... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!