yellow storm 2up@Rivington

Spotted another fellow Stormer? See if it was anyone on here!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Nice yellow storm at Rivi, photo'ed by SK art and is in their online gallery.....03/10/11 part 1....anyone here?
ChrisC

Re: yellow storm 2up@The blue oyster

Post by ChrisC »

I don't know where the name the blue oyster came from...I did'nt type it in,should read Rivington,lol
tinysmall

Re: yellow storm 2up@The blue oyster

Post by tinysmall »

ChrisC wrote:I don't know where the name the blue oyster came from...I did'nt type it in,should read The blue oyster,lol
I take it then that one of the biker cafe's that has upset someone has now had the autotype thingemy changed to the blue oyster? Lol
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
TheDon

Re: yellow storm 2up@Rivington

Post by TheDon »

Hi.

Thought it was me for a moment. I bought a rather nice yellow 53 plate model a few month ago. I live nearby and often call in after going for a spin. As I'm local and lucky enough to not work Monday/Tuesday I often stop at the lower barn. Friendly bunch and I often get into trouble at home spending too long chatting about this and that.

Where are you from?
doddy55

Post by doddy55 »

Hey guys not had my storm long and only been up rivi once on it I did spot a red vtr up there when I went you can't really miss mine it's orange and purple lol hope to see some of you up there and have a chat and maybe a ride out one time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

wasnt me... apart from the fact that mines white and its sorned atm im now scared of rivi after my nasty the other year!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi Don,I missed your original post in the" welcome" section,so....ere...Welcome, I too have a yellow storm and been told by some of the "inmates" at Rivi that there was another one knocking about.I'll keep it in mind that you call in at Rivi on tuesdays..try meet up and have a natter about the" state of the economy".....yea right LOL Ride Safe.

Regards ChrisC
TheDon

Post by TheDon »

Hi Chris & Doddy.

Small world. I saw Doddy's Storm up at Rivi a few weeks ago. Nice paint job. I was probably on my CBF250 ( I have this thing about smaller bikes) so you woudn't have seen my Storm.

Tuesdays sound good though with all the salt, crap on the road and cold weather it might not be for a while yet. Carn't wait for spring.

I have however, just signed up for advanced training at SLAM who meet at the Hartwood in Chorley. Anyone here a member?

TheDon
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hey Don,I'm not a member of SLAM but thought about it ,i know they meet at the Hartwood any idea what night and how much for the course
regards chris
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

TheDon wrote: I have however, just signed up for advanced training at SLAM who meet at the Hartwood in Chorley. Anyone here a member?

TheDon
not a member but i think i know the instructors :thumbup: will see you up there when it warms up a bit....
watch out for potholes after the frost though... i wrote mine off on the tops 2yr ago :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
doddy55

Post by doddy55 »

What is slam lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi Doddy, the name SLAM refers to South Lancashire advanced motorcyclists, I know they meet up once or twice a month,think it's a tuesday
but i was told anyone is welcome to pop in,new faces and all that
Cheers Chris :thumbup:
doddy55

Post by doddy55 »

ChrisC wrote:Hi Doddy, the name SLAM refers to South Lancashire advanced motorcyclists, I know they meet up once or twice a month,think it's a tuesday
but i was told anyone is welcome to pop in,new faces and all that
Cheers Chris :thumbup:
cool think ill try gettin up there in new year thanks mate :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I live a couple of miles from the barns but never really bother with it, full of people walking about posing and giving others the stare down if they dont know you, wombles that.

If I go for a blast / ride out on a weekend its usually early before the mainstream and police are out

I work nights so have the summer days to my self :) it's probably the only benefit to working nights when normals are tucked up in bed.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote: If I go for a blast / ride out on a weekend its usually early before the mainstream and police are out
rivi is easily THE worst road in the uk for a blast. especially the top roads.
way too many potholes, too much mud & horse sh1t & boy racers in uber saxos & scoobys thinking theyre pro rally drivers & quite confident that nothing will ever be coming the other way...

& £1.50 for a cup of melted plastic. :thumbdown:

add to that the fact that it takes over an hour for the ambulance to get there.... :roll: