what about Dunlop 208's

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
jono

what about Dunlop 208's

Post by jono »

Anybody tried D208's? Loved them on my VFR, but reading this has me scared that the Firestorm is 'tyre sensitive'

Jon
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I've got a D208 rear on mine. Done about 3k on it. Bit soft (its flattening off) but then I'm no scratcher and haven't touched the outside edge yet!

Having done about 6k on the VTR since my last bike (a Velocette in 1967!) I'm really just starting to wind it up, but Its performed well enough for me so far.

Jaglifter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Jono,
I'm just trying out my first set of 208's. Didn't like them at first but as times gone on I"m slowly coming around to them.
They definately don't like cold wet days (no feeling, No grip) but on a warm day they stick like sh%t to a blanket.
From what everyone else has said on here it seems like Bridgestones or Perreli"s are the most agreed upon.
Hope this helps
Pete.l
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I've only used 208GP on my spare (track) wheels
They do indeed have muchos grip when warm (exhaust headers down!!)
but
They are fuggin unstable -as in almost lock to lock every lap under the bridge at Oulton (the marshals face was hilarious!!) and fair old weave on Park straight at Cadwell

That said, they were the GP's ie virtual race tyre and they only lasted 3 days

My PERSONAL recommendation would be for BT010's
I've used them on the storm on road, on track (and off road!!) and they're brilliant
Quick to warm up - gentle knee down ofter 1/2 mile
Dual compound - they don't square off as much coz the sides are softer and wear faster than the middle
Good in the wet - knee down at Melbourne loop in the pi$$ing wet
Good on track - original pegs now minus hero blobs and with a fairly hefty chamfer

Ben
steve trow

what about metzeler z3's

Post by steve trow »

Ive just fitted metzeler z3's and at £145 fitted thats cheap as chips :wink: .
I replaced the tired michelin tx 25 rear and tx 15 fronts. they seemed fine and the back one lasted a hard 4000miles but squared off.
8O Still sussing the Z3's out as ive not scrubbed um up fully but they felt instantly better than the michelins. ( that may be due to them squaring off though).

A mate of mine used 208s on his r6 but wasnt impressed with the wear and has gone back to 207's.

Anyone else tried z3's :?: :?: :?:
stevew76

Post by stevew76 »

Personally BT010's are about the best I'm running them at the moment and not once have I had to battle to keep the bike on the road or around corners in either rain or shine
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

What pressures do you run on the BT 010's ?
it may be clever, but its not big.