Rebuilt

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tinysmall

Rebuilt

Post by tinysmall »

Well, here she is fully rebuilt. Photo taken on me iPhone at work so the quality aint great. Doesn't look too much different from before but now got black forks, crash protection and a new hugger. Thanks to everyone on here who supplied me with parts and advice :thumbup:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Ilson Lad

Re: Rebuilt

Post by Ilson Lad »

Fantastic job! Looks great with the black forks :wink:
It'll all be OK in the end and if its not OK then its not the end
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Looks good that mate.

What did you do to repair the fairings? Buy new or used and spray them?

What about your vinyls, did you get original Honda ones?

And what did you do about your exhausts? Did you replace them?
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

I bought 1 brand new fairing cos it worked out at about the same price of buying a used one and getting it painted to match, the vinyls (on the tail) are what were on there before as the paint there only needed touching up, though they have been lacquered in now. Got a used alternator cover, left foot peg, swing arm, left clip on, new cans and link pipes (shorter than my old ones and round rather than oval), new indicators all round, new bar sliders and crash bungs, sanded, painted and lacquered my fork lowers, new hugger and another starter motor. Did all the suspension bearings while the swinger was off too. Only thing I haven't changed is the left rad. It's a little bent but no real damage and still works absolutely fine. The bike now looks and rides better than before so I'm pretty happy. Total for the repair has been about £1300 I think, or just under. Insurance gave me £1100 and I'm going to have another £250 coming my way when the liability is sorted so it will have covered it all.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks good matey, i like the look of that swingarm very clean, i wonder if it will stay that way, you done a good job..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

bigspanishmarty wrote:looks good matey, i like the look of that swingarm very clean, i wonder if it will stay that way, you done a good job..... :thumbup:
Lol. Yes it most certainly will stay that way. I'm very anal about that sort of thing. My chain and sprockets look like they're brand new after nearly 4k. I like to keep things like that very clean indeed :)
MattM

Post by MattM »

Wowaweewa! That is one sexy looking bike :clap: Good job fella!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Really good. Just shows what a decent paint scheme can do

Great job
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

See what I mean?

It ain't an accident, it's an upgrade opportunity.
:clap:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.