Thieving Buggers!

General Biker Banter
MattM

Thieving Buggers!

Post by MattM »

Went to ride the Storm into work this morning....did my usual checks, tyre pressues etc and found that some scum bag had robbed my tax disk off the bike. Not sure what they used to removed it but they made a complete mess of my double bubble screen! Not a happy bunny. :evil:
The last time I left my bike in public was 2 nights ago in Cheltenhams inner promenade.

Anyone got any ideas of other styles of holders that are a bit more tamper proof? And also location wise? Because I know it has to be visible on the front end of the bike.

Matt
benny hedges

Re: Thieving Buggers!

Post by benny hedges »

i dont wear one on the bike now for that reason m8, plus ive ruined a few with the jetwasher.
i just keep it in my wallet all the time.
never been moaned at for not displaying a tax disc, probably cos when im out i rarely leave the bike & when i do it's not left where traffic nazis can earn money off me.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MattM

Post by MattM »

Ahh thats fair enough. I think I'll start using your method. Either that or I'll hook the next holder to the battery and the feckers will get a belt if they touch it :D
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Some people take a colour copy of theirs and write on it somewhere "original with rider."

Round here I'm lucky enough. They dont seem to be intelligent enough to steal tax discs. They just push the bike over instead.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
simo

Post by simo »

I think I'm right in saying that the tax disc has to be visable from the kerb side of the bike only. You might see them anywhere from the front mud guard to the back of the chain guard. A good place to mount is on the fairing mount above the n/s radiator.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
lloydie

Thieving Buggers!

Post by lloydie »

I never put mine on my bikes as ive had on nicked before
I leave mine at home with the rest of the docs . Never had a prob with the cops when I've been stopped
Traffic wardens can suck my co.k as it's always parked on a drive and if it ain't they just walk by to the next car
Parked wrong lol
I did ask a copper once and he said it's fine as long as it was taxed :))

---
- Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
Ilson Lad

Post by Ilson Lad »

Some people fit it under the seat so its always with the bike :wink:
It'll all be OK in the end and if its not OK then its not the end
MattM

Post by MattM »

I think I will go with the fitting under the seat option :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

in the wallet is best.........imho
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thats the problem nowadays- scum thievin everything even when it is tied down, and the coppers dont give a toss about the theft, cause its easier to hand out a "failure to display" ticket to the law abiding.. :evil:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time