Storm gathering.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I did tintin, just about to read it.
about hittin the kill switch when you do that while still running and turn it back on for a laugh a big bang any way
which is great for scarein the oldies
but does it do any damage to the bike at all? any ideas?
A few years ago a few of us went out for a run with special guest Jim Moodie, that was one of his tricks. He claimed it stopped carbon build up on the valves and gave them a good clean. Tried it myself when he was behind me and covered the poor soul in a cloud of soot. At least i found it funny even if he didnt. :lol:
Rich.

tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

haha nice one bet you nearly blew his head off lol :lol:
louder the better by arrow
tattie

Post by tattie »

:lol: I booked in this morning, (Hermitage) the more the merrier :lol:

cheers

A.M.

anybody else from North of the border heading down?
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Me, if I get a new job soon.
Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

i should be going also, might be able to meet up with soop on the way.

trying to get college work finnished for the end of this week so that i can get to some of the TT b4 it finnishes. aiming for a week on tuesday or wed once they tell me i've finnished my work for the year.
cheerz

kev
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Tintin asked
pete l
about hittin the kill switch when you do that while still running and turn it back on for a laugh a big bang any way
which is great for scarein the oldies
but does it do any damage to the bike at all? any ideas?
He He hee :twisted:
Oh yes, great fun :twisted:
Can,t recommend as good for the bike though :cry: Petrol expolding in a steel tube. Get enough in there and it might just do some serious damage to the engine,baffles or exhaust.
But if you do manage to spit your baffles at a Granny Can you post us a pic on here :wink:
Pete.l
Had a BMW up my a$$ at a ton last time I did it. He was flashing his lights and being a right Richard. You should have seen how hard he hit the brakes when when a big bang and a cloud of muck shot out at him :lol: I nearly snotted all over the inside of my lid i was laughing so hard :lol: :lol:
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Well.... Okay.
But if you break it don't say I didn't tell you.
Cruise along at a steady speed( any thing between 20 and 140 :wink: )leave the bike in gear and the clutch out. Flick the kill switch(Bike will start to slow but dont worry.) Count to five and then click the kill swtich back on and open the throtle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Easy Peasy.
Pete.l
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Pete.L wrote: Easy Peasy.
BOOM! :twisted: heh heh heh!! remember its adictive :wink:
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

hiya kaz about tryin the bang on the zx6 im not sure about this but a friend with a tl 1000 use to try it and it never worked and he says its because of it havin an injection instead of carbs so i dont know if it would work on the zx6 but nevermind still worth a blast oh i was addicted to bangin it around the tt course and popped a few on the d j lap of honour saw plenty a storms stormin the island was great

pete l would love to a seen his face not bothered about yours though with all the snot lol
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: Ha! :lol:
Don't worry TinTin I have washed since then.(well once....maybe :oops: )
and it still don,t look nothing special.

Pete.l
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

:lol: nevermind pal we all cant have my looks just keep your helmet on with a black visor or iridium visor youll be sound :lol: :lol:
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

well here goes this ll be my last post till the gathering as off on hols i dont get back till the sunday of the gathering dont know what time i get back but hope to see some of you still about so bye for now :P
kevg

Post by kevg »

TT out of the way now, storm gathering next.
:D
are there any arrangements that i need to make if i am comming down and camping at the pub site.
other than pre-booking a breakfast for the sunday, do i have to pre-book a tent pitch or can i just turn up, i may be travelling down on the friday if i manage not to find a job and there are no other problems to stop me.

how many of you are still thinking of going?

does anyone else from north of the border want to arrange to meet up on the way for the run down. we can get together and plan our strategy of rape and pillage. :twisted:

seeing as we will be stopping every 100 miles to refuel there should be ample time to get a good plan together.
cheerz

kev
tattie

Post by tattie »

I hope to set off early on the Friday and stop off in the lakes (poss Keswick or Penrith) then leave Sat morning crossing via kirby lonsdale to the eastern side. Last year when I went down to wales, I had 7 or 8 stops not any of them at the limit of the tank, as the distance of the service stations never seemed to work out before you would have ended up pushing it along the hard shoulder. I hope to have finalised my route by Friday this week. I will post then. I was also planning to call in via Hawick to visit the Hizzy museum.

Cheers

A.M. :)
Common sense ain't all that common!
kevg

Post by kevg »

KAZ if you turn up i'm sure we'll all look after you. :wink:

Tattie, the route sounds good, i heard about the Hizzy museum while over for the TT, i was thinking of a visit, two birds with one stone time me thinks.
cheerz

kev