Storm gathering.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

iggy1966

Storm gathering.

Post by iggy1966 »

I think that it's about time that we started thinking about having another Storm gathering as we did last year, any one got any thoughts on this??

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Cool
Just say Where and When and I'm up for it
Pete.l
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Ditto
I'm up for it :D
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Me too, the mcn site seem to have the same thought,(look under suspensin thread) Their sugggestion is a camping weekend, ralley or race meet.
think it could be great, option might be scotland, wales, cornwall all great roads once you get there.
how about all meet somewhere on sat and ride to destination on sunday
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Yes come up to scotland... will save me from driving south :wink:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Ditto
Rich.

simon t

Post by simon t »

A while ago I suggested a repeat of the Big GT, in memory of Wayne M and hopefully raising some charity cash. Didn't get much response to that one. :(

However, I did suggest that we (i.e. me) could try and arrange something, probably based around the Victoria at Coalville (see link below). The Vic is well located in the Midlands for the benefit of both southern jessies and sweaty socks, is on the doorstep of Donington and Mallory, has camping, food (well, burgers) and live music. Whaddaya all think? :?:

http://www.vicbikerpub.co.uk
tattie

Post by tattie »

I had hoped to go last year but due to work and other things I could not attend. but this year if something is being arranged I will make a special effort.
I will be going to Cadwell (somewhere around 450ish miles from here) on the Aug-Sept bank holiday making a 3 day trip out of it with a stop in the lakes on the way down.
I mentioned last years gt to mates up here but the major factor for them was the time of year.
With regards to holding it in memory of Wayne M and raising some cash for charity, as the saying goes big trees from little acorns grow. I am all for it.

Yours in Sweaty Socks

A.M

Cheers
Common sense ain't all that common!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Excellent idea Simon.

You have my vote, maybe sometime in july or August perhaps, at least we may get some good weather etc.

Tattie, Drop in for a cuppa if you like when you go to Cadwell.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Iggy said
Drop in for a cuppa if you like
Way hay 8O If someones' offering free Tea and biscuits can anyone turn up?
Pete.l
MDJ

Ride...

Post by MDJ »

Count me in, always up for a scratch more south is obviously better for me but i'll try to show in any case. I was wondering the noise, get much Police attention last time round? I can imagine the chaotic cacophny of 30+ Storms rippin up the dales.... :twisted:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Well, I'm definitly up for this one, last GT was fun, spoilt by loss of WayneM..........so a fitting tribute would be good. Perhaps those who knew him could suggest a meaningful tribute?
Paul
MDJ

WayneM

Post by MDJ »

Sorry to be hoplessly ignorant but who is Wayne M, people keep reffering to him? :?:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Pete.L

It's always open house if anyone is in the area, just get in touch mate.

Errrr who mentioned biscuits???? :lol:

Ian
simon t

Re: WayneM

Post by simon t »

MDJ asked
MDJ wrote:Sorry to be hoplessly ignorant but who is Wayne M, people keep reffering to him? :?:
Wayne was a major contributor to this site, who died on his way to the Big GT. I didn't know him personally, but he seemed like an all round good guy. I'm sure his friends in the south are better placed to fill in the details. There are credits to him on the 'After The Big GT' link.

It seems like things may be moving on the right direction on this, so hopefully we can put something together. I'm happy to try and book some camping and organise a route if that's what people want, but any help will be gratefully received, as I'm new to this kinda thing. :?

Simon

ps I've put something on the MCN site as well.