Storm gathering.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

For those of you from North Of The Border ( or up North ), this might be of interest

If you're doing the last bit to the Vic via M1 , come off at J24(? ) take A50 signposted Stoke/Derby

At J3 , ( roundabout ) there's a Pub called the Bonnie Prince ( some sort of Scottish reference I think ), get a fag& coffee if you want

Take road signposted " Melbourne" , which will take you over Swarkestone Causeway ( or Bridge ) an Historical Monument. Apparently marks the furthest point South that your lot got the last time we were invaded :wink:

Follow signs for Donington Park thru' Kings Newton ( straight on , but is actually a left , if that makes sense )

Left at T-junction to take you swooping past the old hairpin/loop , careful at the top of the hill , as there is a J the other side , and a dip in the road that'll check yer suspension for ya. Bang it on , S's and a rising right hander with good visibility. Caution at 40 sign , tightish left before dropping down to T-junction

Take a right here ( signed for Birmingham ) flat out down the hill , gentle left then HARD left , swoopy bit then HARD RIGHT ( Shell gripped ) keep straight on here , over the bridge and away towards Breedon on the Hill
( you can see a church or something on the hill )

Watch out for 2 speed humps

Out of the village and cane it hard , sweeping corners all the way ( this is where TWO mag does stuff with N. McKenzie ) 50 zone thru' Lount

At the de-restricted sign , there's a crawler lane , flat out on the outside past the Tip , goes into one lane just after the left hand bend , and again full on pretty much all the way to a roundabout ( over M42 ) follow signs for Coalville about 4 miles away , good road wide and fast , good visibility

Caution in the village( can't remember name , but about 2 miles from M42) as the road is straight , but has occasional speed camera's

At the next roundabout , pick up signs for Coalville , some roadworks but no prob's on a bike at weekend

1st roundabout is Mcdonalds ,
2nd turn right ( Morrisons on hill ) up hill , and the Vic is up on the left

Nice run if you've been stuck on a Motorway , and some history as a bonus

I'll be heading that way Sat afternoon , after dropping the boy off at my sisters

Look forward to meeting as many as can make it
:D
Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

For some reason, this has gone " Wide "

Can it be fixed :roll:
tattie

Post by tattie »

Making me dizzy all that left to right scrolling :eek2 Good directions but dont know if I will be able to fit all of that in to the top map section of the tank bag. I will probably stop every now and then to check the map!!!

Cheers
A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
simon t

Post by simon t »

wombles'n 'ell eggshell, couldn't they just go to junction 22 and take direction Coalville. We'll do the world tour later!!! :D
kevg

Post by kevg »

Thanks Eggshell,

like Tattie says, if we are looking at the tank for directions, as detailed as they are, i'm gonna be over the first hedge, after the first bit when i get lost.
might visit the dead relatives on sunday or monday on the way home, see if any of my family made it that far south. or north. will tell you all about that when we see each other at the weekend. :wink:
cheerz

kev
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Fair Cop , thought it may add a bit of spice to a long run :oops:

"Crawls back under stone in shame"

Do we know whose coming ? Should we get a list of Mobile Numbers ? would be a shame for someone to ride the length of the country to find we've set off 5 mins before :?:

I nominate Simon
kevg

Post by kevg »

No probs mate, it sounds like a good run though.

i'll pm you my mobile number later today, in a rush to go to the job center at the mo.

pass it on to anyone who gives you thiers that way we stand a chance of keeping together.

i should be there satuerday afternoon i would expect, just waiting to see what plans Tattie is making and will prolly tag along with him on the run down.
cheerz

kev
grinner

Post by grinner »

If MDJ and myself get our sh1t together, we'll be up sat afternoon/morning
depending on too many factors.
Don't know if any other riders from south/London are going, the more the merrier.

Lookin forward to it, just going to check the weather pages next!
tattie

Post by tattie »

Kevg; I will post a message regarding my plans tomorrow morning I will also pm my mobile no as well.
weather is looking iffy so the oilskins might be the order of the day.

Cheers

A.M.
kevg

Post by kevg »

ok, mate, did you get my pm, i'm not sure if i deleted it b4 it got sent, same with you eggshell, i sent you my mobi number.
cheerz

kev
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Haven't received your mobile geezer. I'm out of here as of 6.30pm tonight so send ASAP , or forward to one of the other blokes with pm's at home PC ( my pm's come to work )

See you all at weekend , Stu
tattie

Post by tattie »

PM sent Kevg

For any one else from the highlands going down!!!!

my planned route.
Set off 5.30/6.00 head for Hawick to Hizzy museum then to Penrith/ keswick. (queens hotel if Available).
Sat morning set off either via ambleside/W/mere (scenic route) Kendal, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton, Harrogate, to A1M then down to M1 etc.
Or down M6 from Kendal to J15 heading across on A 59.

Invergordon to Hawick; 229.miles
Hawick to Keswick;78 miles.
Keswick to Coalville via the senic route; 203 miles.

oh yes and about 8 petrol stops!!

Cheers

A.M.

P.S.as I write this I thought i caught sight of a bloke building an ark :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Pm re sent.
haven't got yours yet Tattie, i'll be on this evening if you want to sort out something then if they don't arrive.
i stay in Paisley about 5 mins from Glasgow Airport, route finder says it would take you about 4 1/2 hours to just reach here, i could meet you any where between here and Edinburgh, or even Hawick at the museum if that would be easier.
cheerz

kev
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

kevg , pm received , will text you later

I am now officially booked into the Hotel. Nothing to do with wimping out 'cos of weather , naturally :!:

It's that I've just remembered my tent dosn't have cable p*rn :D
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Really glad you're coming down. Hope to meet you all on Sunday.
Ride Safe.
Paul.
it may be clever, but its not big.