Cylinder head

General Bike chat
Kev L

Cylinder head

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Re: Cylinder head

Post by benny hedges »

aye but unfortunately it's a rear and i dont think theyre interchangeable.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Valves are the same on both heads, so if you've bent the front ones the valves swap straight over.
The heads aren't interchangeable, but the components are, including cams, shims, buckets, springs, etc. It's just the castings that are machined differently, for the CCT's.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

Iv got the item on to watch in ebay....my front valves are bent ....

ed
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck fella
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

its a front cylinder head :wink:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That's from an Sp1 or Sp2, surely?
Look at the gears on the end of the camshafts- they're not sprockets, and have the anti-backlash split gears on......
I don't know if it's a front or rear, though, without one to compare it to.

But also see the spark plug position; it's different from a Storm one.

But I do have a genuine Storm rear head with good valves for £40 if anyone needs one....No cams, but use your own.

(I could sort out some cams if yours are unfit for use, though, but they'd be extra; I have them set aside for a regrind at some point).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well spotted tony - they are indeed gears and not firestorm sprockets. :clap:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Anyone thinking of buying it needs to clarify whats going on with the seller. He does state in the description that it's a front head for a VTR1000 99, however he also states he wanted an SP1 version. Possibly he has stuck the wrong photo on? Anyway, should all be rectified with an e-mail or phone call. However with Tony offering up all the bits needed, that seems to be the route to take.
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

EEEK :eek2

thanx fellas, yep that's the cracked SP1 head in the photo. wish I could blame the missus for the faux pas on the photo's but nope, the embarrassment is all mine :oops: