Track day

General Bike chat
tony.mon

Track day

Post by tony.mon »

Funny to think of it, but I've been riding for many years but never done a track day.
So it's time to pop my cherry, just an evening at first on Weds 1st June at Brands, short circuit.

Through Focused Events, £79. Plenty of places left; anyone fancy joining in?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Re: Track day

Post by benny hedges »

good luck tony, you'll enjoy it m8. :thumbup:
start off in novice though even though you're an experienced rider - by lunch see how you are getting on and if you're ready for it ask the marshalls if you can move up into inters for a faster ride
you will probably be frustrated in novice cos a lot go out just for a gentle bimble.

also remove your mirrors and pop a bolt through, tape over the speedo so you're not looking at it or
it'll make you go slower and tape over your indicator switch cos it doesnt half look nooby when someone automatically indicates right for the pits lol :lol:

latch onto a quick rider and follow his / her lines - just go for a smooth ride and you will be quicker than you think!

oh... and take off your reg plate and tax disc in case you bin it.
isn't it odd how many bikes crash just outside the track :wink:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
gilson

Track day

Post by gilson »

Also close your mouth as you go down paddock hill otherwise spittle will run upside your helmet!

Have a great time.
No bike (yet).
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i was there 2 weeks ago supporting a mate and it was great, everyone should give it a go.
focused events seem to be the best, they are cheaper than club msv and very well run.
also make sure your exhaust ain't to loud mate and make sure you cover or take off your number plate because sometimes there are spy's from insurance company's hanging around.
most importantly have fun.......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's only an evening one, so not as long as an all-dayer; don't know if there's much chance to be moved about into faster groups.

I'll just fold the mirrors back, and remove the plate as suggested.
But I have to ride there after knocking off work a bit early, so won't have time to do much preparation.

Cans are horribly quiet, my usual carbon cans are too loud and failed a previous test there; so I fitted quieter ones for the day, but the noisy ones go back on as soon as it's done....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i think the evening session starts on track at 5pm not sure tho, but you should get 3/4 outtings, just enough to get you hooked hahaha
and if they think you are to quick for group 1/beginners they will call you in and automatically put you up to group 2/ inters.
i would pop down to watch but i'll be abroad unfortunately, oh and brands dont like you having tank mounted cameras because theres somebody on site who provides that service at a cost....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!