Hi All

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
darrenb

Hi All

Post by darrenb »

Hi all new to the firestorm but absolutley love it .
Started with sv650 upon return to biking then started buying old bikes and stripping powdercoating and rebuilding , during this eventually ended up with a vfr800 but still wasnt happy .Looked at loads of firestorms about 98 99 all going for about £1500 , then stumbled upon an ad for an 05 imported by someone in the army from germany with 11000 Km in gunpowder black , bit his hand off at £1750 and prepared to mod .
this is as i got it
this is with the added mushrooms and carbon fibre fairing lowers
Must say this is the nicest bike i have ridden , just waiting for the carbon exhausts to turn up
Kev L

Re: Hi All

Post by Kev L »

Nice looking bike mate. Are the German market bikes full power? I know they had an anti power thing a few years ago. What make are the lowers? Welcome to the forum by the way, have you performed the cct surgery to ensure the longevity of the bike?

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darrenb

Post by darrenb »

Hi had my mate at the honda dealership to check out the bike and apparently if they were restricted they would have a D somewhere in the honda computer listing , but it seems like its not , and if it was i was told it would have been to 100bhp .The lowers were a bargain at m and p , discontinued stock £100 a pair and also the mushrooms are on offer again at £15 , plan on putting a few miles on the firestorm this summer and then looking for jobs to do in the winter
arnie

Post by arnie »

Hi mate , welcome on board ! :thumbup:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I like that bike. Personally I'd either paint the lower fairing to match the bike or, and in my opinion a much better idea, give the thing to me. After all that shiny black bottom really doesnt match that matt black paintwork going on there. :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

Gotta love that matt black..welcome :thumbup:
Previous :125 honda shadow > m800 suzuki intruder > yamaha v-max >>>>>honda streetstorm.......
darrenb

Post by darrenb »

brief update after reading posts about ccts new pair just ordered
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

New Honda cct's or new manual cct's? Don't rely on new Honda auto tensioners without the fail safe option. Read some of the horror stories and you will go for either Rider on a Storms manuals or APE or the guy who sells on E Bay. Good luck.

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I do like those colours, looks like a good find
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Love that matt black charcoal paint.

I even like the different colour belly pan. Really smart bike.
darrenb

Re: Hi All Update

Post by darrenb »

Hi all just cannot stop riding or modding this firestorm
led tail light
sorted poorly fitted scottoiler (used to throw oil on the back tyre)
carbon fibre exhausts from dan moto china with decibel killers fitted
also new dunlop rear tyre , clear indicator lenses and performed the shock linkage mod while replacing the rear tyre and gave the swingarm a good clean
loving the firestorm still have to balance the carbs , change the cam chain tensioners and fit the voltage monitor
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Darren :thumbup:

Your bike is the first I've seen with those Dan Moto can's fitted 8)

Chris.