Solihull to exmouth tuesday 26th

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Solihull to exmouth tuesday 26th

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have to nip down to BKS leathers on 26th, so looking for any routes that help me avoid the M5.

Any good suggestions from locals, anybody up for a bit of a ride on the way? plan to be there at 2pm, but I have all day to play as wife is at work, and we get Tuesday as holiday in place of good friday
AMcQ
steveb

Re: Solihull to exmouth tuesday 26th

Post by steveb »

For you from Solihull, I'd consider something like, down the A34 but then head across to Swindon on A420, then down the A346 ( I think, its A346) from Swindon, directly south across part of Salisbury Plain (nice fast road, but watch for camera vans), then if you need to cut down on time then go West on A303 (dual carriageway) or carry on down towards the Dorset coast then head west on the coast road into Devon.

Hope you have a nice day and weather stays good. I'm working otherwise I may have joined you.

Steve
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheers Steve,
I have laid out a route using some of those roads and I will see how I get on :thumbup:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Blinding ride ot today :thumbup: some of the towns and villages I went through were beautiful, places I had heard of by name, but never seen.....like Wotton Basset, the White horse carved into the hillside, crossed Salsbury Plain [the olny place I have seen signs warning of "Tanks crossing". went through one little village which was surrrounded by a huge stone circle.

Didn't have a camera or time to stop, so you have to imagine!

the A303 was a nightmare, but I was short of time, what would have been 160 miles on M5 turned into 210 miles of rural England, but was about 3 1/2 hrs there so I was late!

But I have to reccomend a ride out after 7pm...........the last 2 hrs of the trip home were some of the best riding I have had, the traffic had dropped to 10% of what it was through the day, and there was still enough daylight to see. the engine was loving the dense evening air, and we flew :D
AMcQ