A sad end to a great ride out

General Bike chat
Beamish

A sad end to a great ride out

Post by Beamish »

After 80 ish miles of a fantastic ride out my friend had an off :thumbdown: As Mike and Timbo will agree this bike was absolutely mint pre accident ( M+T, it was one of the bikes that rode up to Squirts prior to the visit to Daves). My mate Jon was unhurt thank god and a very accomplished rider, it is a big reminder to me that it can all go wrong very quickly, I was literally 10 yards behind when his front tucked 8O A car (not the drivers fault) drifted over towards the white line making my buddy try to tighten the turn on a left hand bad camber bend, I think he may have just touched the front stopper in panic :( Stay safe guys no injuries today but it seems that this sun has brought everyone out for a play, good and bad.

I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
AMCQ46

Re: A sad end to a great ride out

Post by AMCQ46 »

ouch!!!!!!!!!1

glad he is OK, and hope he had fully comp
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

AMCQ46 wrote:ouch!!!!!!!!!1

Yes mate all above board, upon closer inspection it will probably be written off, probably for the best, would you be happy riding an ex cartwheeled CBR :eek2
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

FirestormMike wrote:Feck, that's a mess Jim.
And you're right, that bike was a stunning example.
Mike, he is gutted, just got the wheels back from paint :thumbdown: I asked what is next and all he could really say was that the silver Blade was exactly as he wanted it, doesnt really know what to replace it with, will probably get fook all from the insurance. Big shocker for me and friends as he can really ride a bike, one of the best riders I have ridden with, IAM etc...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh looks expensive :o
glad he's ok... could've been nasty
just got back from cat & fiddle meself, leisurely ride... but some were proper nailing it.
hate seeing stuff like this.
is the bike repairable?

very lucky you didn't come off as well jim, hitting the wreck :o
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Aw no. :Cry3:
Speedy recoveries to man and machine.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

benny hedges wrote:

yeh looks expensive :o
glad he's ok... could've been nasty
just got back from cat & fiddle meself, leisurely ride... but some were proper nailing it.
hate seeing stuff like this.
is the bike repairable?

very lucky you didn't come off as well jim, hitting the wreck :o

Luckily enough apart from two headlights the wreckage stayed in the hedge so it was easy to miss. Whoever buys the wreck will be getting an absolutely mint engine (6000 miles and extremely pampered).
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Bikes are replacable, People arent. Glad the dudes ok but given the choice I'd bike or body I would be happy with the above outcome.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sad to hear what happened beamish, but it's the old saying bikes can be repaired easier than people can, i hope your mate gets back on 2 wheels as soon as possible buddy......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

pinkyfloyd wrote:Bikes are replacable, People arent. Glad the dudes ok but given the choice I'd bike or body I would be happy with the above outcome.
Yep totally agree, he does as well to be honest but its still a pisser :cry: Like I said to him, 'most people are looking at waiting for a bone to heal at the same time as waiting for the insurance assessor, you have been lucky'.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Buy it back as a trackday bike?

Could have been any of us.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jim, I reckon your mate Jon was one very lucky guy to get away without injury to himself, going by the damage to his bike.

I bet he is gutted, I know I would be, but a bike can be replaced.

Take care out there all of you,

Chris.
Billinjah

Post by Billinjah »

Gladys wasnt hurt ride safe!