what push bike did you have as a kid?

General Biker Banter
RAINMAKER

what push bike did you have as a kid?

Post by RAINMAKER »

I had mate who had a chopper...........though it was cool, anyway he went on to favour motorcycle with high bars. kawa LTD 1000, built his own chopper from XS Yamaha 650.........even cooler............now on harleys

I had six speed racer..........and cant get the hang of bikes with high bars............so favour sports bikes...........

Glad I didnt get 'Action Man' toys or I'd be buggered now.
it may be clever, but its not big.
alec

Re: what push bike did you have as a kid?

Post by alec »

"Glad I didnt get 'Action Man' toys or I'd be buggered now".[/quote]

in more ways than one lol,
i had a Chipper (a baby chopper) then a racing bike finished up on a Diamond back bmx
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
pariah

Post by pariah »

Me older brothers hand me downs with wodden blocks attatched either side of the pedals by my Dad so I could reach. :clap: :clap: :clap:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

raleigh burner bmx i had it since i was six , sold it last year on ebay for £600 :D
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

My dad - bless him, bought me an obscure second-hand French racing bike in boxes, the tools needed to put it together and the rattle cans to paint it . Set me up for life :thumbup: as i valued it more than anything shop bought as I had to invest time, learning and effort to put it together.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alec

Post by alec »

I lived right by a company called Amaco bmx who used to supply mongoose and diamond back bmx's and they had a really flimsy rear door so me and my mates always had a steady stream of new bikes lol, the company moved after a couple of years cant think why, that was in the early 80's before cctv and stuff
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Had a chopper myself but dont like high bars. Mind you, dont like low ones either.
Rich.

pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

My first decent bike was a german version of the BMX. Since we lived in Germany at the time. It was a PMX and rather than the straight handlebar crossbars of the BMX it had V shaped.

Done the same things though.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

We lived on a main road so i wasnt allowed a bike :Cry1: Found one in a skip when I was about 13 it was hand painted garden gate green and weighed a ton!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

when all my mates got choppers i was gutted to get this...
a raleigh rodeo :roll: i was gutted but had to sort of pretend i was chuffed.

i also asked for a leather jacket but they got me a plastic one instead with fur on the collar :oops:

then my dad got me an ace control line red baron glow plug plane - i was made up with it but he wouldnt let me have a go....
first time 'we' took it out, he was tring to start it up and severed his finger so he took it back to the shop and swapped it for one of these :(

tbh that was the first time i ever got anything bought for me.
i used to get given old tellys and sewing machines and stuff to take apart. never had toys when i was a kid, apart from some lego but me mam gave it away.

when i was 14 i got a 15 gear racer but cant remember what model it was
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Aww, bless!
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Being a bit older than most on here you won't remember the Triumph Roadster in purple weighed about 3 ton unladen. Used to ride it to work and back 8 miles each way when I was 15. BMX hadn't been invented then.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
alec

Post by alec »

storminateacup wrote:Being a bit older than most on here you won't remember the Triumph Roadster in purple weighed about 3 ton unladen. Used to ride it to work and back 8 miles each way when I was 15. BMX hadn't been invented then.
Is that when the penny farthing was stilla new concept :thumbup: :thumbup: :twisted:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

went the build it yourself route with the old man - trouble was, he only had a can of red paint so from the age of 8 I looked like a friggin postman!
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

alec wrote:
storminateacup wrote:Being a bit older than most on here you won't remember the Triumph Roadster in purple weighed about 3 ton unladen. Used to ride it to work and back 8 miles each way when I was 15. BMX hadn't been invented then.
Is that when the penny farthing was stilla new concept :thumbup: :thumbup: :twisted:
Cheeky young pup. I'm not too old to appreciate your avatar :crazy: :thumbup:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.