Ow do all :)

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
tinysmall

Ow do all :)

Post by tinysmall »

Ow do to everybody. I'm Matt, Tiny, Hairy Norther Monkey or whatever else you want to call me. I answer to pretty much owt and don't take offense. Originally from Keighley in West Yorkshire but I've been living down south for the last 12 or so years. Happily married and all that but (obviously) the main loves in my life are my bikes. Own a 51 plate Firestorm in go faster red and a dog ugly 60, 000 mile R reg bandit 600 that gets abused when it's snowing or when the good bike is off the road. Apart from a set of cans and a nice iridium screen, the VTR is in fairly standard trim though that will be changing soon with a set of progressive forks and fairing lowers and maybe some other bits and bobs depending on what I can afford after putting our lass through her DAS.
If anyone on here lives around Kingston upon Thames (or any of the surrounding areas) and you ever fancy a ride out, give me a shout as I'm always happy to play out no matter what the weather man says. :)
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Wicky

Re: Ow do all :)

Post by Wicky »

Greetings - funny you should turn up as I've got to fit a set of heated handle bar grips and a relay to a mate's Suzi 600 soon. I just need to know a good place to cut into the ignition circuit for the relay.

Red Storms Rule! Post some pics...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
YETI

Post by YETI »

WELCOME !
i will have to call you teeny-tiny small for reasons that will become obvious on meeting / and welcome to what i call the surrey chapter ! :clap: theres a few of us round here ,...some all weather tough guys / and me ( mr sun and dry roads only :D ) im down near guildford a mere whiz down the A3
there are plenty of stop offs round here and down towards the coast so will get together soon i hope :thumbup: (WEATHER DEPENDANT ! )
regards
YETI..
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Welcome to the forum Matt! Nice to have you aboard :D

I bet you miss those luvvly Yorkshire chips don't you? Best chips in the world they are :wink:
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

R hello and welcome
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

:wave: :wave: Hello Tinysmall :wave: :wave:
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

welcome aboard matey. :thumbup:
GAS GRASS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FREE
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, and welcome, Nice of you to drop by.
Not too far up t'road in Kent, so may be able to join in a rideout.

t'road.
See what I did there?

That's using two fingers to type, that is, stereotyping.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Didn't realise you are Bi-lingual Tony, eee bye gum.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:Didn't realise you are Bi-lingual Tony, eee bye gum.
Had a girlfriend once who was buy-sexual.
Never had the right change.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

tony.mon wrote:
Kev L wrote:Didn't realise you are Bi-lingual Tony, eee bye gum.
Had a girlfriend once who was buy-sexual.
Never had the right change.....

Oh my. If that's the quality of humour here I can see Im gonna fit right in :D

Ta for the welcome and stuff. I'll get round to pics when I eventually take some. Most of my bike pics are of me drinking tea in cafe's and not actually of the bike 8O . Just had new chain and sprockets today and I can't believe the difference it's made. Mind you, my chain was literally hanging off the rear before I had em done :oops:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Matt :thumbup:

You need a sense of humour to fit in here :wink: :lol:

Chris
elric

Post by elric »

Welcome buddy.

Kingston on Thames, well I'll be *&^%$ I'm just down the road in Molesey and new around here as well.

I reckon a surrey chapter boxhill run one Sunday could be in order :thumbup:
It's only easy if you know the answer!
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Box Hill is always good and Im down there quite often. Those switchbacks coming down the hill are a lot of fun. There's a few bods with 'Storms that cut about down there actually. Seen a really nice orange one there last week and a red one with go faster white stripes :) Better than Box Hill though is the run down to Aldershot down the back roads. A whole series of fast s bends that put a huge grin on your face :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome Tiny. I am off to your old stomping ground (roughly) tomorrow to pick up a storm from York. Can't wait. Are the natives friendly?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF