what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

does it stop them going brown if you coat them? sick of polishing mine every few weeks
Having a really smooth finish helps to prolong the rusting and also makes it easier to keep on top of them and give a quick polish over, but I shall be putting a high temp resistant lacquer over them.

Another day of wet n drying. They are not perfect but I have run out of elbow grease. Good enough for me.

Not bad for 2 days work. I might give them quick buff over with the drill and some metal polish before I spray them. It would be nice to get rid of the lasts bits of grime out of the welds.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i now wish id kept those pipes 8O ...if for whatever reason they dont work on your engine blah blah you know the score :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
podman

Post by podman »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 pm
does it stop them going brown if you coat them? sick of polishing mine every few weeks
Having a really smooth finish helps to prolong the rusting and also makes it easier to keep on top of them and give a quick polish over, but I shall be putting a high temp resistant lacquer over them.

Another day of wet n drying. They are not perfect but I have run out of elbow grease. Good enough for me.

Not bad for 2 days work. I might give them quick buff over with the drill and some metal polish before I spray them. It would be nice to get rid of the lasts bits of grime out of the welds.
Fair play to your determination and effort there mate!

For us lazier folk, a quicker but more expensive option might be vapour blasting but of course that doesnt leave them shiny but it leaves things much nicer to handle and start with if you do want to polish them.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Nice work Carl, they've come up a treat :clap:
It brings back memories when I did my standard headers :) a lot of work involved,

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Excellent work!!!!!

Glad to see they are clearly going to be put to good use
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Gave it a check over for MOT. No advisories makes me a happy man. :thumbup: :D :D
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Custard...Just for a bit to check things out shoulder wise...bit sore if held in the stretched out to the bars position for a while...

First ride in over 3 weeks... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:48 pm Rode Custard...Just for a bit to check things out shoulder wise...bit sore if held in the stretched out to the bars position for a while...

:thumbup: nice going Mac. My first ride in three years or so involved going last Sat to lubey Lloyds gaff ( :eek2 ) and doing regular service type stuff as well as carb balance, rear suspension linkages (got them just in time he (we!?) reckoned) and TPS setting - dead chuffed he (we!?) were. Rode home grinning like a good 'un

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:48 pm Rode Custard...Just for a bit to check things out shoulder wise...bit sore if held in the stretched out to the bars position for a while...

glad to hear your on the mend el presidente, what time scale before being able to ride again did the qwacks give you?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

He'll be alright for Wales......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear you're getting there Mac :thumbup:
As Alan said in your Spilt Custard thread, don't go trying to rush it,

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

30% difference between these two. Hope it helps.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 pm

:thumbup: nice going Mac. My first ride in three years or so involved going last Sat to lubey Lloyds gaff ( :eek2 ) and doing regular service type stuff as well as carb balance, rear suspension linkages (got them just in time he (we!?) reckoned) and TPS setting - dead chuffed he (we!?) were. Rode home grinning like a good 'un

nice work both of you
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Rode it today :D as the weekend is not supposed to be so good weather-wise,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Custard Crumble passed its yearly health check... :thumbup:

6966 miles done in the year 97% of which commuting to work...& as you all know I havent been at work much this past year... :lol:

So as an aside on the way back I rode it a bit harder that the test I did the other day...

Bit more pain in the shoulder so still a way to go with that... :thumbdown: :cry:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...