what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

had a great 200 mile ride today, lots of speed, lots of bends, great tarmac, stunning scenery, the bike didn't miss a beat. zero police, although I went through 4 or 5 cameras, thank feck for foreign number plates... :wink:
here's a few pics of my day

arty farty marty

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm had a great 200 mile ride today, lots of speed, lots of bends, great tarmac, stunning scenery, the bike didn't miss a beat. zero police, although I went through 4 or 5 cameras, thank feck for foreign number plates... :wink:

arty farty marty

Nice pics Marty :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Your next to a hard roadside and you put your sidestand down on the grassy verge. If your not careful it will end up falling over again. :eek2 I like the arty farty Yellow much better. Just don't fart too hard you might follow through :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 am Your next to a hard roadside and you put your sidestand down on the grassy verge. If your not careful it will end up falling over again. :eek2 I like the arty farty Yellow much better. Just don't fart too hard you might follow through :lol:
trust me, I made sure the ground was plenty hard enough to handle the side stand.... :lol: :lol:
plus it was a corner so I couldn't park on the road itself... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Deshevelled mccts are in. Beer o'clock now.
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by KermitLeFrog on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

now thats a mancave :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
podman

Post by podman »

Spent most of the day at a classic car and bike meet with my Dad today, some stunning old vehicles on display.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Dad flat out!

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

How do you guys get away with taking the bike indoors :lol:

Polished my new headers up today. It's not exactly a mirror finish but it's a good start. I also cleaned the insides up with a toothbrush and some Surfex and it's amazing how much cleaner the insides are now so may well consider spraying the insides with a ceramic spray.

My arms are bloody aching now. I hate polishing up headers but it a good sense of achievement seeing the end result.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

you can see in those pictures that the lengths of them have been changed over standard? they turned out well :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Their halfway there. I'm going to get some 400grade wet n dry on them tomorrow and then some 1200. I'd like to get them a little cleaner, smoother and with less scratches before applying a lacquer. As they say, the better the prep, the better the finish. I do have some diffrent grade bars and diffrent grade buffing wheels for the drill but last time I used them it made and awful mess and I got covered in shite. I'm kinda of tempted to give them another go but may just stick to the wet n dry by hand. It is hard going though.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hey Carl you're getting there, well done keep up the good work, they're getting there :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm had a great 200 mile ride today, lots of speed, lots of bends, great tarmac, stunning scenery, the bike didn't miss a beat. zero police, although I went through 4 or 5 cameras, thank feck for foreign number plates... :wink:

arty farty marty

Lovely photo's Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm How do you guys get away with taking the bike indoors :lol:

Polished my new headers up today. It's not exactly a mirror finish but it's a good start. I also cleaned the insides up with a toothbrush and some Surfex and it's amazing how much cleaner the insides are now so may well consider spraying the insides with a ceramic spray.

My arms are bloody aching now. I hate polishing up headers but it a good sense of achievement seeing the end result.

God almighty Carl that is good work in such a small amount of time. They look much better!
Bike is coming along nicely
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm How do you guys get away with taking the bike indoors :lol:

does it stop them going brown if you coat them? sick of polishing mine every few weeks :crazy:
podman

Post by podman »

Left the storm alone today, been on it every day over the bank holiday , took the KR1 out for a blast , was contemplating selling it as im only getting to use it 2-3 times a year but then I get out on it and it puts such a smile on my face, I backtrack on that thought pretty quickly..

[url]Image

[url]Image