what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
vanstub

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by vanstub »

mine in the process of getting new rubber PR2's £ 236 supply fit balance and bolt on 90 degree tyre valves :clap:
then a ride over to Macs were i blagged new undertray :D cheers Mac and helped destroy garage door lol:thumbup:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Thrashed it. Decided I'm just going to ride it this year, fed up of buggering around with it. Took it for a blast down to Billys On The Road, a diner on the A29 popular with bikers. Nice breakfast of crumpets and chorizo with poached eggs, yum. Let it get right up to temp and checked the fan kicked in, which it did :thumbup:

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spanked mine for 180 miles scrubbing in a new rear tyre, I rode some new fantastic mountain roads.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

agentpineapple wrote:spanked mine for 180 miles scrubbing in a new rear tyre, I rode some new fantastic mountain roads.... :thumbup:
What can you expect mileage wise from a rear on these? I remember my RSVR was pretty poor. Still a 2-1 wear though?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTR Phoenix wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:spanked mine for 180 miles scrubbing in a new rear tyre, I rode some new fantastic mountain roads.... :thumbup:
What can you expect mileage wise from a rear on these? I remember my RSVR was pretty poor. Still a 2-1 wear though?
depending on the tyre of course, my last Michelin 2ct lasted about 3000ish miles, but in fairness i'm heavy handed with the throttle. my 2ct before that I got 4000 miles. so anything between 3 and 4k, i'm trying to be smoother with the throttle.... :twisted:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Mav617 wrote:Thrashed it. Decided I'm just going to ride it this year, fed up of buggering around with it. Took it for a blast down to Billys On The Road, a diner on the A29 popular with bikers. Nice breakfast of crumpets and chorizo with poached eggs, yum. Let it get right up to temp and checked the fan kicked in, which it did :thumbup:

A pretty bike Mav :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Not a lot to any of the bikes today, Instead I spent the afternoon pondering the broken MacCave door...
Attempted repair yesterday with the help of Steve Van Stub, ended with the good sides wire loosing the plot as well & jamming up.

So out came the croppers & both wires got snipped. Door goes up & down now but nothing to hold it up...

So I was thinking of putting some sort bracket on the frame that when I lifted the door I could flip it rond & lock it in to hold the door up...

Then I had a :idea: moment & remmembered that only on Friday I had picked up two smallish cable clamps...I was doing a Rat job in a tower block, which is currently having the lifts renewed...They are using the bin chambers to store all the bit's & bob's for the job...Spying a large box of fittings I saw these & thought they could come in handy.

So I found a bit of chain I had attached the clamps & chain to a bracket on the back of the door.
Screwed a big fat screw with a bolt head into the frame.

So now when I open the door instead of holding it up with a bit of timber I can just hook the chain over the bolt & it holds it up... :thumbup:

Just to get a bike out in the morning one will be fine but I added one to the other side as well for when I want the door open for a longer period.

Well happy with that bodge... :lol: :lol:

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Good on you Mac, a bit of creative nicking doesn't do any harm :oops:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had the cables go on my garage door a while back and it wasn't outrageous to get new cables and spools on it.
I tried a repair myself, Wickes do a universal repair kit, but it wasn't great so I got a professional in and it's fine now.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I didn't do anything to it. Since it wasn't raining, I backed it out, gave it a touch of choke and it banged right off. I took it out for a good ride down some twisty roads and ran over the posted limits on some roads that were not so twisty. I pulled in at a rest area on highway 69, parked and just sat their admiring the bike. These are really nice bikes. I sure am glad I found one at last. It was a good day.

Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mav617 wrote:Good on you Mac, a bit of creative nicking doesn't do any harm :oops:

I prefer to call it Creative Liberation Mav...

Magistrates however prefer just plain old theft... :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cables went on my garage door last year and I put up with having timber to hold it up which was a pia, then about a month ago I had someone round to fix it, they fitted new cables and tensioned the spring, for £80 wish I'd got it done when it first broke.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I bought some new cables for mine a few years ago and they were less than £25
Put your hand in your pocket you cheepskate :D
or sit on a corner and sell some biscuits :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Maybe see if you could liberate some of the lift cables, they will work a treat
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Maybe see if you could liberate some of the lift cables, they will work a treat
:lol: :lol: Might be a bit thick for the cones !