what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Worked out why it feels flat, it’s only a 930cc 115bhp engine. they stopped The v2 with the 1200cc engine when they brought out the V4.

I am going to have to thrash the life out of this to keep up with the Aprilia V4s
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:28 am Worked out why it feels flat, it’s only a 930cc 115bhp engine. they stopped The v2 with the 1200cc engine when they brought out the V4.

I am going to have to thrash the life out of this to keep up with the Aprilia V4s
Think of it as a Storm on stilts.

You don't do too bad on one of those.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It coped OK, just the overtakes are less easy on these winding roads when you dont have 150bhp.
Up in the mountains 1
Up in the mountains 1
Mountain 2
Mountain 2

I tried to find extra horsepower, but turns out these are donkeys
Donkey
Donkey
Just before I came past the donkeys I nearly got taken out by a family of wild pigs running out onto the road 8O , fortunately I missed them by a few inches (or millimetres as Italy are metric)

This is the competition I am up against but there are no straights, so I dont need to worry about him getting it into the power band
M1000RR
M1000RR
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent the morning fettling a set of SP callipers to fit on to Rothburg tomorrow.

Callipers & M/C ebay bargain £28 posted... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:28 am Worked out why it feels flat, it’s only a 930cc 115bhp engine. they stopped The v2 with the 1200cc engine when they brought out the V4.

:thumbup: :lol:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:21 pm Spent the morning fettling a set of SP callipers to fit on to Rothburg tomorrow.

Callipers & M/C ebay bargain £28 posted... :lol:
Wow, you did well there Mac :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well i am growing to like the little V2 Ducati, its light, agile and with good brakes and suspension it is working with me to keep up with the big boys on the mountain roads. Being a hire bike, the lack of mechanical sympathy i am showing it is not my problem 8O

So far I have rotated the bars forward so i am sitting more over the front ina motocross stance, i also had to move a hose clip that kept catching my boots when i changed gear. It has semi active suspension, so i have set both ends to hardest and added max preload to the rear for best ground clearance and sharper steering, and it flicks side to side well and has much less weight transfer than my KTM.

Tonight i also removed the screen, it is too effective and as a result i am not getting airflow through my jacket helmet, so lets see if the naked option is more effective.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Friday went and picked up the naughty Triumph after electrical death :eek2 . turns out a common problem on early 675s , i wasnt about to start pulling it apart but a man i know who is good with trumpets found the problem after a few hours of wire checking :thumbup: , fixed and seems to be running the best..

if it behaves i will keep it, if not its down the road :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 pm Well i am growing to like the little V2 Ducati, its light, agile and with good brakes and suspension it is working with me to keep up with the big boys on the mountain roads. Being a hire bike, the lack of mechanical sympathy i am showing it is not my problem 8O

So far I have rotated the bars forward so i am sitting more over the front ina motocross stance, i also had to move a hose clip that kept catching my boots when i changed gear. It has semi active suspension, so i have set both ends to hardest and added max preload to the rear for best ground clearance and sharper steering, and it flicks side to side well and has much less weight transfer than my KTM.

Tonight i also removed the screen, it is too effective and as a result i am not getting airflow through my jacket helmet, so lets see if the naked option is more effective.
Al, it appears you and the bike are getting more acclimatised to each other now :wink: :wink:

I like the way you’re modifying the hire bike :lol: :lol:

Chris
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:54 pm Friday went and picked up the naughty Triumph after electrical death :eek2 . turns out a common problem on early 675s , i wasnt about to start pulling it apart but a man i know who is good with trumpets found the problem after a few hours of wire checking :thumbup: , fixed and seems to be running the best..

if it behaves i will keep it, if not its down the road :thumbup:
Glad to hear all is good so far, long may it continue Rob,

Chris
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Out early so we could be back for beer and MotoGP on TV.

This is the competition:

2x Aprilia V4 Tuono factory bikes
1x BMW M1000RR
1X BMW GS1250
And then 2 of us on 950 Ducati Multistrades

Up in the mountains looking out to sea
The competition
The competition

And this is it with no screen… and yes I am obviously the child who takes his bike through the off-road section :D
No screen
No screen
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

First proper ride now I have the trumpet back . I have to say i did miss that triple howl.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:33 pm Out early so we could be back for beer and MotoGP on TV.

This is the competition:

2x Aprilia V4 Tuono factory bikes
1x BMW M1000RR
1X BMW GS1250
And then 2 of us on 950 Ducati Multistrades

Up in the mountains looking out to sea

IMG_5252.jpeg

And this is it with no screen… and yes I am obviously the child who takes his bike through the off-road section :D

IMG_5254.jpeg
I see what you are up against Al :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Tuono V4 Factory bikes are popular 8) 8)

Crackin' scenery, or vista as Henry Cole calls it 8) 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:17 pm First proper ride now I have the trumpet back . I have to say i did miss that triple howl.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
I also like the 3 cylinder sound 8) 8)

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 pm Well i am growing to like the little V2 Ducati, its light, agile and with good brakes and suspension it is working with me to keep up with the big boys on the mountain roads. Being a hire bike, the lack of mechanical sympathy i am showing it is not my problem 8O

Why am I not surprised. You get a hire bike and then you customise it :lol: Actually, I am a little surprised... I didn't know you had mechanical sympathy to start with :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the rest of you stay, have fun and keep it rubber side down :thumbup:

Pete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal