hello from coventry

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
uptonpark64

Re: hello from coventry

Post by uptonpark64 »

im up for the "brumfest", i sometimes do the fosse run then cut across to evesham down fish hill, its a cracking stretch of road, if no car numpties are in the way, and stratford a good place to meet :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

uptonpark64 wrote:, and stratford a good place to meet :thumbup:
It's a better place to meet Bulldog weekend!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
uptonpark64 wrote:, and stratford a good place to meet :thumbup:
It's a better place to meet Bulldog weekend!
you still up for it tony??? 11-14 august - hopefully it will be dry this time lol!
btw did you see the modded vtr on egay with extended sa, hardtail & 1 disc brake????
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Absolutely I'm there.

Family coming this time, too. They'll be in the car so I can take plenty of home comforts and the oil drum bbq, so no need to wander around the food plaza. And the 12-man field hotel, with 9x3 metre marquee. Three separate double bedrooms- I want a balcony and a sea view.
It'll be a biggie this year, 25th anniversary and all.

That's the event I'm doing all this bloody engine work for, to scrape into the 10 second standing quarters.
It better be dry, or I'm going for the ten on the slip road when no-one's looking!

Party on :thumbup:

BTW, all welcome, playing on the drag strip is optional but bloody good fun, but there's loads of other toys to play with.
(sorry about thread hijack, Lloydie)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

yup and me for Brumfest.....I will take you out via Banbury and Daventry and then Fosse way

Bulldog might be worth a look as well, have to see if any of the bands catch my eye. No chance of me trying 1/4 mile, my clutch grab would have me sitting on my butt at the trees with a cartwheeling storm heading up the strip!

But then again, I struggle to say "no" when challanged to try something........easily led they said in the school reports!
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ive got a grabby one as well ali - no biggy, just roll off then nail the fker!
as i found out last time it's all about your reaction time, as in dont wait for the green light lol :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote:ive got a grabby one as well ali - no biggy, just roll off then nail the fker!
as i found out last time it's all about your reaction time, as in dont wait for the green light lol :roll:
Funny, Benny, I seemed to be able to launch yours ok last year......

(Sorry about not telling you about waiting for the lights until afterwards, though :lol: :lol: :lol:)

The odd thing is I set my fastest ever 1/4 mile time on that strip when mine had a grabby clutch- maybe they're just quicker off the line using torque instead of clutch.
We'll see come August, eh?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
benny hedges wrote:ive got a grabby one as well ali - no biggy, just roll off then nail the fker!
Funny, Benny, I seemed to be able to launch yours ok last year......
yes.
you didn't launch it, you lunched it.
it was after you had a go on my bike that the clutch failed to function correctly! :Ball Kick:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'll bring a spare clutch for you this year.
They're made to be ridden...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ive got a barnet clutch kit to fit bud, got the gasket ready to go, just been busy doing the paintwork so the rest of the bike's been left outside to rot lol.
should be spot on by the time we go.
debating on whether to fit the 11.5 pistons before i put it back together... want it all done really then im not arsing about taking the fairing & tank off every weekend

not blaming you for wrecking the clutch m8, and you did send me a spare set of plates for crouton all, for which i am eternally gratefull.... i think it was my attempts at burn-outs on the line that did it. (burnt the clutch instead of the tyre lol)
:hijacked:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

FirestormMike wrote:Good job you spelled "Brumfest" correctly, or you'd have probably ended up at a Harley rally or something.
Well we already had the "brokebike Mountain" weekend in wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1..................This internet grooming of adult males is becoming quite disturbing

I will have to stop :lol: :lol:
AMcQ
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

AMCQ46 wrote: Well we already had the "brokebike Mountain" weekend in wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1..................This internet grooming of adult males is becoming quite disturbing

I will have to stop :lol: :lol:
Awwww - no Haribo's then.....?

:p
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================