First ride of 2011

General Biker Banter
SWAGGER

First ride of 2011

Post by SWAGGER »

Took me XT for a wee trundle this afternoon. Jeez what an awsome bike this thing is. I never thought I'd take to adventure bikes but I've been well and truly sucked in now. My missus ran rear gunner for me in her Land Rover whilst I faffed about down some of the cinder trails. Brilliant.

This thing is dangerously heavy and tall though. Nearly dropped it at an upward inclined junction with a massive dive off to the gutter. Did myself a mischief trying to hold it. Did it though .... thank feck.

The force is strong with this one!!!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha FJR1300
benny hedges

Re: First ride of 2011

Post by benny hedges »

nice one!
looks a sturdy ride.
theres a few of us heading for bala tomorrow as long as it stays above 5c...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well, as usual, a few said said they'd be out but ended up just me & a mate on his superduke.
went into wales but didnt get as far as bala as we noticed bits of ice on the roads (& my fingertips lol) so headed back where it was a bit warmer.
good 130 mile ride tho
that's the zxr off H3r3t1c - goes really well, storm is in bits atm for refresh & respray :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

Been using my XT 350 all thru this weather, bit dangerous though! It was fine in the snow but as it's mostly now ice it's not quite the fun I remember when i wur a lad

Happy New Year

:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: