New to Site

General Bike chat
NZVTR

New to Site

Post by NZVTR »

Good Evening/Morning to you all.

I am new to the site & new to the VTR experience. Picked up an October 02 VTR 2 weeks ago and cannot get enough of it!! 800km in two weeks as a weekend rider. Good to read some of your experiences with the product, some news not so good - particularly the same old stuff I have read elsewhere re; tensioner assemblies. Fortunately mine remains in warranty for another 6 months or thereabouts so lets hope that if it chooses to fail it does so in that time.

Am keen to hear from anybody and don't want to discriminate but am particularly keen to hear from any locals down here in NZ so I can share any experiences and maybe catch up for the odd ride. I see one local (exviffer) appears to be a frequent user of the site and that you have a fair bit of experience with your VTR so could be calling on you for your expertise in the future if you don't mind.

Catch you all later and have fun out there.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Welcome to the mecca of all that is VTR ! GLad you are enjoying it so far.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Am keen to hear from anybody and don't want to discriminate but am particularly keen to hear from any locals down here in NZ
Don't worry NZVTR
:P we'll speak to you anyway. You can't help being so far away :P
Welcome on Board
Pete.l
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Welcome aboard :wink:
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Hi there, NZVTR!

Yes, it's the infamous ex-viffer here (it weren't my fault - that there VFR was a LAZY bike, and liked to lie down in the middle of the road all the time.)

No, you're wrong - I don't have much VTR experience, I'm just obsessive. I also have a really boring job and not enough to do, so I spend lots of time 'doing research'.

Anyway - welcome! Hope you learn what you need to from here. And have a good time. And make some friends.

- Ian in D'Auckland.
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

welcome on board...from the other side of the world........

O-Ring
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

Welcome mate. And no, I won't discriminate! I'll only have one sheep shagging dig, and that was just it ;).

Enjoy the site, looks like i might have to freight the VTR over there for my next hols as there is a few Kiwi's on here that could show me all the "Un-Coppered" roads. (not that was any police presence when i was last there though).

Cheers,
STU
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
NZVTR

Post by NZVTR »

Thanks to the welcoming committee.

Proudest Monkey:- Get that bike over here mate - you'll love it. Would consider doing something similar myself one day & touring parts of Aus.

EXVIFFER:- Cheers for the message - are you a weekend, fair weather rider or a full time rider and when do you usually get out on these fine roads of ours?

To all of you:- look forward to reading many of your posts and maybe chatting real soon.
DD

Post by DD »

ALLRIGHT then WHO invited the bloody Ozzie in here? :wink:

NZVTR tell us a bit more about your bike what if any mod's have ya got there?
and hello from down here were winter is already on its way :(

EX-VIFF What model VFR did you have I had a 97 750 when I was in Brissie and had a 86 that I brought the g/f a couple of years ago. I would never consider buying a 4cyl but a V4 is cool loved that 97 but give me a V2 anyday.

Proud Monk as for the "Un-Coppered" roads they are far and few between now days :cry: But hay the roads are still awesome just mak sure that if you visit its in the summer cos sh1t its cold in the South Is.
cheers Darryl
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

What is the go with trans-tasman riders ditching the Viffer for a VTR? I had a '00 Model before i decided that youth is only here for a while and i better get a REAL bike to play with :)
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

EX-VIFF What model VFR did you have
It was a black ("Granite Blue Metallic") 1990. It was a very lazy bike - had a habit of lying down in the middle of the road all the time. Well, 4 times, at least...

Cheers for the message - are you a weekend, fair weather rider or a full time rider and when do you usually get out on these fine roads of ours?
I commute most days (Birkenhead to Ponsonby and back - 25km), and occasionally get out for a ride in the weekends.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
NZVTR

Post by NZVTR »

NZVTR tell us a bit more about your bike what if any mod's have ya got there?
and hello from down here were winter is already on its way :(

Hey there DD

It's early days for the VTR so it stock as they come at the mo, however, without sounding like too much of a 'gonna', my plans are more cosmetic for starters, with a Snakeskinz Lower Faring, paint strip the rims and have theme shiny chrome, then a couple of pipes (yet to decide which to go with at the mo) & maybe an air filter we'll see how it goes.

Any 'must do' recommendations? Hope you manage to get out for a blast over the Easter break. I plan to go out early Sat. am as the missus has gone away & the forecast is looking like it's going to be a good day.

Cheers
RoadRage_NZ

Post by RoadRage_NZ »

NZVTR wrote: It's early days for the VTR so it stock as they come at the mo, however, without sounding like too much of a 'gonna', my plans are more cosmetic for starters, with a Snakeskinz Lower Faring, paint strip the rims and have theme shiny chrome, then a couple of pipes (yet to decide which to go with at the mo) & maybe an air filter we'll see how it goes.
Hi there, i've just brought a bellipan from Just Fairings down here in Hams, the quality of Glen's fairings is excellent. You probaly will get it cheaper than the price quoted on the site.

http://www.justfairings.co.nz/VTR100098CFBellipan.htm

The bike looks alot better in the flesh.
NZVTR

Post by NZVTR »

[/quote]

Hi there, i've just brought a bellipan from Just Fairings down here in Hams, the quality of Glen's fairings is excellent. You probaly will get it cheaper than the price quoted on the site.

Thanks for that, funny, I gotta go to a UK Forum to get local info. What did you pay for the lower fairing?
RoadRage_NZ

Post by RoadRage_NZ »

NZVTR wrote:
Thanks for that, funny, I gotta go to a UK Forum to get local info. What did you pay for the lower fairing?[/quote]

Hi, I brought top/lowers, mudgaurd, so i got a discount on the belli. I think hes charging $300 for fibreglass, not sure on carbon fibre.