Hi,from Greece.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
manosamos

Hi,from Greece.

Post by manosamos »

Hi guys.
It's Manos from Piraeus-Greece,i own a 2001 Varadero 1000 and recently purchase a VTR 1000F engine.
This engine will be improved(need to guide me)and round summer will be installed on Vara.
Have nice times with your babes,guys.
P.S My english also need to be improved :biggrin
Wicky

Re: Hi,from Greece.

Post by Wicky »

kalispera,ti kanis & efkharistó and Raki is my limit! Piraeus the port I remember a very beautiful light in the summer (and a lot of containers!), when passing through on my way back and forth to Crete by ferry.

Never heard of a Varadero engine transplant from a VTR - Hopefully you;'ve got carbs as isn't the Varadero fuel injected? so fuel tank modification would be needed to suit - unless you can get the FI working on the VTR engine (a first!?!) also the Firestorm has a hydraulic clutch instead of a cable. Plus Ignition unit as the firestorm is tuned quite differently. Blank the VTR speedo sensor off if the Varadero has a cable speedo. There might be more obstacles/ challenges ahead as these are just off the top of my head - Anyone else chip in?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

Guys,2001 Varadero is being equipped with carbs also.
I dont think that ignition will be a problem.
Vara engine is totally the same as VTR,with smaller carbs(42mm)different cams,5 speed gearbox and not hydraulic clutch as you noticed.
Another one matter is that Vara has fuel pump and as i have search,i think VTR hasn't.
Someone i know already install VTR engine on Vara and everythink is fine. 8)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Seems a fairly easy job to swap them over, but does the Vara swing arm fit the back of the Storm engine, or do you need a Storm swing arm as well?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

Good question tony.mon. I dont know.
Have to search about it,but have too many months available,so the most important right now is to improve the engine.
Different cams and pistons are on my plan,but say the trooth i dont know,which one company's products to choose.
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

Oh....i almost forgot.
I will also replace the rims with rims from Storm,so my bike will be somehow like the new Crossrunner 800 :thumbup:
Only for road use. :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Manos :thumbup:

Do keep us posted with the engine swap,

Chris.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Καλώς ήλθατε στο φίλο φόρουμ :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

marravtr wrote:Καλώς ήλθατε στο φίλο φόρουμ :thumbup:
Kαλως σας βρηκα φιλoi μου .Nice to meet you here friends.. :)
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

Wicky wrote:kalispera,ti kanis & efkharistó and Raki is my limit! Piraeus the port I remember a very beautiful light in the summer (and a lot of containers!), when passing through on my way back and forth to Crete by ferry.
Container area is close to my hometown Perama.
Next time you will be in Greece i will offer you some wine from my parents island, Samos.
You will love it :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Very tempting to head south right now for warmer climes and a glass of Mediterranean wine but I dread to think what the Alps must be like! Also I remember lots and lots of immaculate BMWs R50/5, R60/5, and R75/5 were commonplace.

If you post some photographs of the Varadero project that would serve as a resource for folk thinking of doing similar. You are I believe the first Varadero owner to have been washed up on our forum and if it works out we'll possibly end up transplanting Varadero engines into our Firestorms as 2nd hand supplies of spares dwindle
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote: You are I believe the first Varadero owner to have been washed up on our forum and if it works out we'll possibly end up transplanting Varadero engines into our Firestorms as 2nd hand supplies of spares dwindle

It's alright, Wicky- I'm on theirs so will keep an eye out!

Vara engines are only 5 speed, and the carbs and cams are different, but I'm thinking about transplanting the later Vara's fuel injection onto a Storm engine with a few tweaks......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

This will be a big project and will take too long.
Whatever i will do,i will post here,be sure about it.
Yesterday i bought the front rim (ebay uk)from VTR and rear rim will be the next step.
After that,i will order the front suspension springs and when finish with measurments,i will also order the rear shock.All of them from the german factory Wilbers.
Rear shock will be about 4-5cm shorter than original,cause the new rim in front will make the bike 5cm shorter. :thumbup:
As it has to do about the engine,i will need your help.VTR engine has CCT failure and already need new piston and front head,including the cams.
What is your suggestion about the pistons?JE,or something else?
Are there any improved cams available for the engine?I sent mail to Kent cams but more than one week now,they did not answer.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the Forum, and good luck with the project.

Thanks for the offer of wine, we will all be over in the summer :thumbup:
AMcQ
manosamos

Post by manosamos »

AMCQ46 wrote:Welcome to the Forum, and good luck with the project.

Thanks for the offer of wine, we will all be over in the summer :thumbup:
Why not?
All are welcomed...... :thumbup: