ebay scamming couple 'jen.valentine.1998' & 'bobthebuilder'

Best deals in town
Wicky

ebay scamming couple 'jen.valentine.1998' & 'bobthebuilder'

Post by Wicky »

Greetings - This page is dedicated to the ebay scamming couple Jenny Harrington-Biddle aka jen.valentine.1998 and James Harrington-Biddle aka 'Bobthebuilder'

First up 'Bobthebuilder' registers here on the Firestorm forum to offer parts and accessories; http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/search ... 3&sr=posts Even then there are problems with delivery and his paypal from the happy couple (Despite being a member of the same forum I didn't track back the problems demonstrated in those threads until things had gone tits up with jen.valentine.1998 on ebay)

When a tank cover doesn't sell on the firestorm forum, Jen fronting for her hubby, BobtheBuilder, put the item for sale on ebay which I won and paid for.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156

Due to 'problems' with her paypal my payment was refunded, and I was asked to send a cheque instead, which I duly (and stupidly did) to

Cheque was cashed early in November and the sorry saga plays out below...

On 26 Nov 2010, at 21:47, John Hepburn wrote:

Jen

One last chance for you to do the decent thing - I would like you to pay me back what I paid for the cover. You have no evidence of postage (by a method you chose against what you stated in the ad [recorded delivery] - you losing the receipt isn't my problem) whilst I have evidence that you have cashed by cheque. I will have no other option but to proceed with leaving you feedback that will reflect your willful reluctance to settle this matter in a reasonable manner.

Please bear in mind, on how you next reply, that it is wholly your reputation as a trustworthy seller at stake for just a couple of pounds.

John

Dear spaderunner,

I would like to repeat what I said earlier,I will not be refunding you as I posted your item. Do whatever you have to do.

- jen.valentine.1998

On 26 Nov 2010, at 20:40, John Hepburn wrote:

Jen

>>>Hi, no I don`t have the postage receipt,however it was posted so I won`t be refunding you,if you have a problem contact royal mail.

Jen - Sorry but your answer unacceptable. I seriously urge you to reconsider your decision not to pay me back a refund for the cover I paid for in good faith.

>>On 21 Nov 2010, at 23:38, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:
>>>So if it doesn`t arrive next week I`ll put in a claim.

If you didn't have a receipt then in your earlier emails you must have known that you weren't entitled to compensation from the Post Office, and quite what the PO are going to say to me without any evidence that it was ever posted by you the first place.

Please don't fob me of as this can be simply & amicably sorted if you pay me a full refund of £27 by the means I suggested in my previous email. Lastly consider also that your emails are copied in full and that ebay, if bought into this matter, will not be impressed by your attitude and stated intention not to refund me.

John

Dear spaderunner,

Hi, no I don`t have the postage receipt,however it was posted so I won`t be refunding you,if you have a problem contact royal mail.
Regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

To: jen.valentine.1998
Subject: Re: jen.valentine.1998 sent a message about Bagster Tank Cover For VTR1000F Firestorm #260677577954
Sent Date: 26-Nov-10 19:23:58 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi Jen

Friday and diddlysquat from Royal Mail. Hope you've got the postage receipt

Please let me know when you are posting the refund and please send recorded delivery :-) Alternately pay direct to Halifax XXXXX - XXXXXXXX

Cheers

John

On 22 Nov 2010, at 14:56, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Yes

- jen.valentine.1998

Subject: Re: jen.valentine.1998 sent a message about Bagster Tank Cover For VTR1000F Firestorm #260677577954
Sent Date: 22-Nov-10 10:41:09 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi Jen

As you paid no postage fee I went for the cheaper option.

Was that 2nd Class as well?

John

On 21 Nov 2010, at 23:38, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Hi, yes I did speak to royal mail,as stated in my last email. No, I didn`t send it by recorded delivery as it was cheaper to post normally. As you paid no postage fee I went for the cheaper option. Royal Mail said that I had to wait 14 days after postage before I could make a claim.
So if it doesn`t arrive next week I`ll put in a claim.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused,please let me know if you haven`t received it by Friday.
Kind regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998

Sent Date: 21-Nov-10 22:13:27 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Jen

You stated on the original ad for the cover you'd send it by recorded delivery on Thurs 11 Nov. You've already said you try and speak to the PO last Thursday. Have you actually spoken to them yet? what is the tracking no.?

jen wrote: Thurs 18 Nov

I`ll get back to you after I speak to them tomorrow.

You can track delivery online here:

If you would like to confirm delivery of your item online, use our online Track & Trace service which will provide you with a copy of the signature of the person who signed for the item

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr ... G-Personal

John

On 21 Nov 2010, at 21:18, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Hi John, as the item has already been posted I won`t refund yet. However if it doesn`t come this week let me know and I`ll contact royal mail again with a claim for the lost parcel.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998

Sent Date: 21-Nov-10 12:53:28 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi Jen

Sunday now - Can you update me on wether the cover is expected to delivered or you're going to refund me.

Thanks

John

- spaderunner

To: spaderunner
Sent Date: 18-Nov-10 22:00:38 GMT

Dear spaderunner,

Hi John, I will contact royal mail regarding your parcel,however I won`t issue a refund as I posted it last Thursday.
I`ll get back to you after I speak to them tomorrow.
Kind regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998

Sent Date: 18-Nov-10 19:45:37 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi Jen, The tank cover hasn't been delivered to-date (Thursday 18 Nov). Please
can you send a refund for the £27 I have paid you.

Cheers John

- spaderunner

Sent Date: 13-Nov-10 19:30:22 GMT

Dear spaderunner,

Hi, this was posted out to you just before the post office closed on Thursday. You should receive it Monday.
Kind regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998

Sent Date: 13-Nov-10 19:21:25 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi Jen

Can you please update me of when I can expect
delivery. Cheque should have cleared and you
haven't replied to my previous message.

Cheers John

- spaderunner

Sent Date: 31-Oct-10 20:02:14 GMT

Dear spaderunner,

Hi John, that`s great. I`ll pack it all up for you and I`ll post it as soon as the cheque clears. Hubby has been told to stay away from the delete button,he`s a nightmare for that(he thinks he`s being efficent!) as I often send myself messages to remind me to do stuff! I`m disabled and have to take 35 pills a day and they play havoc with my short-term memory,so I need constant reminders!
Many thanks and kindest regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998

Sent Date: 31-Oct-10 19:45:49 GMT

Dear jen.valentine.1998,

Hi jen

Yup I'll send you a cheque by post tomorrow . Payable presumably to yourself "Mrs Jenny Harrington-Biddle" ?

Cheers

John

psss Keep hubby away from the delete button ;-)

On 30 Oct 2010, at 11:30, Jen Harrington-Biddle wrote:

Hi John sorry about the confusion at the moment I can only refund on my paypal account I can't withdraw any money, im changing accounts and I'm in the middle of sorting out the paper work. A cheque will be fine, my address is : Mrs Jenny Harrington-Biddle, 9 Grove Close, Penselwood, Wincanton, Somerset, BA98NE.

Many thanks, kind reguards, Jen

On 30 Oct 2010, at 09:34, John Hepburn wrote:

Morning

Puzzled as to refund my payment you must have received payment. But if you send me your address so that I can post you a cheque for £27 for the VTR tankcover.

Cheers

John

On 31 Oct 2010, at 19:27, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Hi, could you let me know if you will be sending a cheque for the tank cover please? If so do you have my details,my hubby deleted your message and I can`t remember if you said you would pay by cheque and if I sent you my details or not!
Many thanks and kindest regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Re: ebay scamming couple 'jen.valentine.1998' & 'bobthebuild

Post by Wicky »

Cheers guys

Left her feedback on ebay so far not a word back from jen et al - short and succinct and when the search engines index the ol' web this forum thread and a few others it will help spread the Harrington-Biddle name and details as a warning for others. I'll also check out my local small claims court as ebay only offers assistance if items were paid for through paypal.

Don't get mad get even!
Last edited by Wicky on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder »

To Everyone.

We have had a lot of problems in the past month like being diagnosed with a progressively degenerative condition and Jen being put on morphine patches due to her disabilities.

If we were the type to con people to make money, do you really think we would do it for 27 quid?

Advocating arson and bodily harm over a 26 quid sale that admitedly went side ways, seriously?.

We have enough bullshit to deal with, to say im wombles fuming would be an understatement.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Well 'Bob' there's a simple way to amicably resolve this matter - please refund me the £27 for goods not received and then we can both walk away from this.

While sympathetic to any medical problems you both have (I am a nurse), I am not used to being diddled or accused of receiving goods when I haven't. I do believe you posted them but it was stated in the ad they would be delivered by recorded delivery. For some reason you/Jen chose to send it 2nd class without retaining a receipt (your problem not mine). Both your paypal accounts are fubar, so in good faith I sent a cheque which consequently absolves ebay from any responsibility in our deal. However I am prepared to pursue this, if it can't be sorted here and now, by taking court action to obtain a full refund and for any subsequent expenses.

"We have enough bullshit to deal with, to say im wombles fuming would be an understatement." Empathise for a minute how I am feeling.

Bobthebuilder wrote:To Everyone.

We have had a lot of problems in the past month like being diagnosed with a progressively degenerative condition and Jen being put on morphine patches due to her disabilities.

If we were the type to con people to make money, do you really think we would do it for 27 quid?

Advocating arson and bodily harm over a 26 quid sale that admitedly went side ways, seriously?.

We have enough bullshit to deal with, to say im wombles fuming would be an understatement.
Last edited by Wicky on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder »

Part of my scam?, between us we have to deal with: Postural hypertension,Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Fibromyalgia,Scheurmanns Disease,Osteo Arthritis, Fractured L1 vertebrae.

Also if you look at jens feedback on ebay, until this one hiccup she has perfect feedback.

How do we know he's not scamming us, we sent the b8stard thing off, we don't know that he didn't get it?

My main gripe is all the bitching like advocating arson and inciting violence over one tank cover.

If anyone wants to say that to my face i am more than happy to meet so you don't have to travel to far.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Bobthebuilder wrote: we don't know that he didn't get it?
Bob I can't prove a negative. It's up to you to prove (using a receipt) that it was posted - then YOU could claim from the Post Office a refund for the tank cover and postage and wouldn't be out of pocket. Or if you used recorded delivery to show that it was signed for. But as Jen has admitted in her emails she was negligent in doing anything to prove it was posted. Do you comprehend that and please be an adult and don't hide behind your disabilities.

Look in the emails I was asking for a refund, when my spidey senses discerned something was wrong, BEFORE jen fessed up to not sending it recorded delivery.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Good question- that isn't in the transcript I posted

Initially I paid by paypal but this was refunded by jen cos of problems with her paypal (Bob funnily enough has similar 'problems'

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 59#p144559
On 30 Oct 2010, at 11:30, Jen Harrington-Biddle wrote:

Hi John sorry about the confusion at the moment I can only refund on my paypal account I can't withdraw any money, im changing accounts and I'm in the middle of sorting out the paper work. A cheque will be fine, my address is :

Many thanks, kind reguards, Jen
Jen took the postage off, after the paypal payment was refunded. I duly sent a cheque for £31 – £4pp = £27 which has been cashed. Only on subsequent questioning towards the end of Nov did she admit to only sending it normal 2nd class post (not recorded delivery as the ad stated) and not having retained a receipt.

I'm wondering what was cause of their paypal-ebay account being revoked. They only know...
> On 30 Oct 2010, at 03:17, service@paypal.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Dear John Hepburn,
> >
> > Jenny Harrington-Biddle (valentine.1998@xxxxxxxxxx) has issued a
> > full refund for your payment.
> >
> > Message from merchant: Hi John, please accept my apologies , I`m
> > having problems with my paypal account and I don`t want to send
> > goods if it`s uncertain whether or not I receive payment. If you pay
> > by cash,cheque or postal order I`ll take off the postage cost.
> > Kind regards,Jen

sirch345 wrote:Wicky,
Unless I've missed something here (my apologies if I have), how come the £4 p & p charge wasn't added to your cheque of £27 :?:

Chris.

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder »

Hi John, this is Jen. I won`t hide behind my disability,because to be honest I wouldn`t give a f*ck if you were disabled,so I don`t expect you to care that I am. So this email`s from me. I have been screwed by ebay more times than I could count so you `not receiving` the parcel isn`t new to me. So not refunding was my choice,I `m sick of being f*cked over. I`m a stubborn bitch and that won`t change,so anyone who wants to throw their hat into the ring on this go ahead,just leave my husband out of it,he doesn`t deserve it and it will be a cold day in hell when I let that happen. I have perfect feedback on ebay and my paypal is sorted now,however John,please fight your own battles,don`t pussy out by posting my details and have others slag me off.
I have never scammed anyone in my life,it`s a shitty thing to do and it`s happened to me and I wouldn`t do it to others.
So anyone reading this,any problems deal with me. My husband will be pissed that I posted this,however baldrocks to that,I needed to write this.
Jen
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

If you are so conviced you are right then why did you write this to me:
On 21 Nov 2010, at 21:18, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Hi John, as the item has already been posted I won`t refund yet. However if it doesn`t come this week let me know and I`ll contact royal mail again with a claim for the lost parcel.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Jen

- jen.valentine.1998
You could have kept your ebay reputation intact by refunding me, and have claimed back the price of the item and postage from the PO. Instead you claim that I received it, when you have no evidence whatsoever because you chose to not keep a record of postage.
On 21 Nov 2010, at 23:38, eBay Member: jen.valentine.1998 wrote:

Dear spaderunner,

Hi, yes I did speak to royal mail,as stated in my last email....
What did the PO say to you on the chances of you receiving compensation when you didn't have a receipt, when I was already asking for a refund before I even knew how you'd posted the item?

These will be the questions you''ll need to answer when I take this to court, which will be my next step as you and your husband seem immune to reason.
Bobthebuilder wrote:Hi John, this is Jen. I won`t hide behind my disability,because to be honest I wouldn`t give a f*ck if you were disabled,so I don`t expect you to care that I am. So this email`s from me. I have been screwed by ebay more times than I could count so you `not receiving` the parcel isn`t new to me. So not refunding was my choice,I `m sick of being f*cked over. I`m a stubborn bitch and that won`t change,so anyone who wants to throw their hat into the ring on this go ahead,just leave my husband out of it,he doesn`t deserve it and it will be a cold day in hell when I let that happen. I have perfect feedback on ebay and my paypal is sorted now,however John,please fight your own battles,don`t pussy out by posting my details and have others slag me off.
I have never scammed anyone in my life,it`s a shitty thing to do and it`s happened to me and I wouldn`t do it to others.
So anyone reading this,any problems deal with me. My husband will be pissed that I posted this,however baldrocks to that,I needed to write this.
Jen

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Jen & Bob - Royal Mail’s Claims Process for Loss, Damage & Delay

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... d=80300735

Claim forms are available from all Post Office® branches or can be downloaded and printed off from the bottom of this page. Alternately a customer can have one sent to them by calling Customer Service on 08457 740740 Textphone 08456 000606.

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/publi ... ish_09.pdf

Claims for loss, part loss and damage must be submitted within 12 months of posting.

The claim form should be completed with as much detail as possible, the minimum information required to submit a claim is:
  • the names and addresses of the sender, addressee and claimant
    the Royal Mail Product used
    the amount of postage paid and method of payment (e.g. stamp, meter impression, SmartStamp®, online postage etc.)
    place of posting
    date of posting
    the basis for asserting the posting details and product used – such as date of post mark, Certificate of posting and for Special Delivery, Recorded Signed For and Standard Parcels the product documentation
    detailed description of the contents and packaging (for loss and damage)
The claim should also include any available supporting information / evidence relevant to the claim;
  • Evidence of posting with Royal Mail
    Evidence of the item’s value (for loss, part loss & damage claims only)
The signed and dated completed claim form along with the supporting evidence should be sent to: Freepost Royal Mail®, Customer Services, Plymouth PL9 7YB (no postage required) or handed in at any Post Office® branch

When to claim
We allow up to 15 working days for items to arrive, so cannot accept a claim for loss unless 15 working days or more have passed since the item was due to be delivered (10 working days for Special Deliveryâ„¢ items).Claims for lost or damaged items must be made within 12 months of the date they were posted. Claims for delayed items need to be submitted within 3 months of the date they were posted if the claim is being made by the sender, or within 1 month of receipt if the claim is being made by the recipient of the item.

Available Compensation for Lost items
For stamped and metered items a postage refund plus compensation on the basis of actual loss, where evidence of posting and evidence of value can be provided. This compensation is subject to the maximum payable being the lower of the market value of the item and statutory maximum of 100 x 1st Class stamps at the first weight step.

Postage refund (a minimum payment of 6 x 1st Class letter stamps at the first weight step) shall be payable where only basic evidence is provided or the item is of no intrinsic value.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Thanks Timbo
This "bobthebuilder" character (not to be confused with the Scottish one who wasnt/isnt a scumbag) is also the user formerly known as Tiny. I know this as you posted the name James Harrington Biddle who just happens to be the scamming turd that took me for £25 in June 2009 under the username of Tiny.
I concur - There is a 'bobthebuilder' - "Jock" who is into SOHC Hondas and is a completely different person.

Can anyone else who has had dealings - good or bad - with 'Tiny', 'bobthebuilder' or 'jen.valentine.1998' (Harrington-Biddle et al) please contact me so I can collate info before I take appropriate action.

Cheers John

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I ordered an engine bolt from them, got the same story about Paypal freezing his account so paid to Jen via Paypal.

No part arrived, so after a few weeks I contacted them (as a question on another of their sales), and after a couple of e-mails I was refunded my money (£3.50)(again, via Paypal).
Consequently I have no axe to grind personally, but we now know of at least three transactions that seem to have gone astray one way or another, so I'm seeing a pattern here, hence my post on this thread.

Wicky, happy to help if it comes to taking it further; no matter what problems people have there's no excuse for not being trustworthy, in my opinion.

Bob/Jen, seems to me you need to do the honest thing, repay and put this behind you. If finding and posting parts is a problem, then don't advertise them. If you do, do it to a reasonable standard, use the postage methods you advertised and behave in a businesslike way. Doesn't seem worth the grief to spend time arguing, when doing it properly in the first place is all that's needed.

End of the day, this is someone's bike you're talking about here, you can't be surprised when it gets taken personally. If it's off the road waiting for parts, or the buyer is unable to bid on alternative items because they're not sure if the part you say you have sent will arrive, they're going to get frustrated.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nope, zilch The only thing I've heard indirectly is that Jen threatened me with the police for 'upsetting' her. No knocks on my door at dawn to confirm it.

Ebay are appearing to be useless. Jen's ebay account appears still active but no trade has been occurring of late - she could have set up a fresh account with a new alias.
marravtr wrote:have you got your money back yet wicky??

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Not quite marravtr Jen logged onto to PM me:
Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:03 am
To: Wicky
Hi John I tried phoning you yesterday but all I got was BT answer. Any way please accept my apologies as the tank cover got send with the matching tank bag,thankfully it went to a friend so James collected it today. I`ll pop it in the post RECORDED DELIVERY Friday.
Regards Jen
I've replied accepting her apology and also asked Jen to pay back Tim what he's owed. Watch this space....

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder »

To Timbo, yes I have had a quick read of your message and no I haven`t acted on it yet. I explained before,I was taken into hospital unexpectedly,for a hip replacement and other delightful things. We both had alot on our minds and can`t even remember receiving it.Did you pay by cheque? If so check with the bank as it may not of been cashed.As for it being signed for it would have been as we always have someone to house-sit if I go into hospital
I`m sick of being called a scammer,it`s total bullshit.There are plenty of people who would confirm that I am a good HONEST seller.
Also I DID NOT THREATEN TO SEND THE POLICE TO JOHNS HOUSE. I informed them that some idiot on this website was saying there was nothing a gallon of petrol and a match wouldn`t sort out. I don`t know if he thought that would be funny or maybe he`s just retarted and used to ride the special bus to school? Either way I would be stupid NOT to.
I can be dis-organised,however I have to take Morphine,dihydrocodeine,Amitriptyline,Zolpidem and others DAILY.They all affect my short term memory etc. Surely you can cut me some slack?
I apologised to John as the tank cover got sent with the matching tank bag to someone else,James rode in the snow to get it back for him.
That is my only apology to him,as he has spread lies saying that my husband and I are scammers.
I have to sign off now as the morphine has kicked in and I keep dropping off to sleep typing this
Regards, Jen