PC Help me

General Biker Banter
RAINMAKER

PC Help me

Post by RAINMAKER »

Anyone a wiz with laptops......................kids compaq presario CQ70 is due security update, bought 2010 norton disc which worked on other laptop but wont run on this.
Put it in disc drive but nothing happens.............could this be a kid induces fault with drivers? any ideas would be welcome.

thanks

paul
it may be clever, but its not big.
kevg

Re: PC Help me

Post by kevg »

Bin Norton and get AVG free version, spybot and adaware, these three bits of software are all free and don't use anywhere near the resources on a pc that Norton does, i've had computers with Norton and MacAfee grind to a halt with them on
cheerz

kev
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

yes there all good, and free!! :wink: and you can get em all here... http://download.cnet.com/windows/
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I've used Norton for years and never had a virus or intrusion. Neither has my PC ever ground to a halt. Use free stuff, then wait for the inevitable.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

only had a virus once (with norton) been on avg and spybot for 4/5 years and never had any probs at all, guess it depends on what sites you go surfing on :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stratman wrote:I've used Norton for years and never had a virus or intrusion. Neither has my PC ever ground to a halt. Use free stuff, then wait for the inevitable.
Must depend on how old you PC is, My kids laptops are new enough and fast enough that Norton made no problem, but the old desktop that I use at home was crippled by Norton, so it has AVG and all is good.

Both the Laptops went to AVG when Norton expired, and no virus problems [touch wood!]
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote:

Both the Laptops went to AVG when Norton expired, and no virus problems [touch wood!]
huhuh he said wood.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks that made me laugh :lol: :lol:

but hey that is what the internet is for........... :thumbup: :boobs: :erection:

Reminds me slightly of a dark [but funny] commet on one of the TV shows where they were debating how the internet has made things easier for us all.........." look how much easier it is to groom childeren........before the internet you had to go to all the effort of joining the clergy"
AMcQ