Track day off

General Bike chat
Giddsy

Track day off

Post by Giddsy »

Well first track day started blindingly. Lydden Hill nice and sunny. Did 4 out of 8 sessions without a hitch. Absolutely loved it and was really getting into the bends and just loving it. Then had lunch and it rained but not too much. Went back out and took it easier. Wobbled the bike a few times coming out of corners. Nearly lost it approaching a bend when some guy was going much slower than I expected. Front end skidded and my foot hit the deck but managed to recover it. Then slowed down again and was going to come in and thank my lucky stars! If only I had! Couple more laps, actually penultimate one before the session ended, and approaching a hair pin, on to the brakes but no harder than I had been previously and just lost the front end. Really don't know why, maybe track was a bit greasy, or maybe I was just pushing a bit too hard. Anyways, damage shown below mostly. Going to liquid metal her up tomorrow and make sure engine works and if it does then fix it properly. As for me, bruised knee, hip and pride but will all mend ok... All part of the learning curve eh?.!

AMCQ46

Re: Track day off

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ah sh1t mate that is a real bugger. :thumbdown:

Hope it fixes up OK, but gals you are OK.

Did you ride there, if so how did you get home?
AMcQ
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Cheers mate.

Yeah rode it there. Amazing stroke of luck regards getting home. I got talking to three blokes in the paddock next to where I parked up and turned out they were from Brighton as well. They had two bikes, one of which was road legal so they very kindly rode two up back to Brighton and stuck me, the bike and the missus in the van. So, so lucky otherwise could've cost a fortune. Needless to say they will enjoy the beer I bought 'em!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well your good and bad luck are equally ballanced there mate.......

I guess you would have swapped it for not having the crash, but to get lift back from people you never met is just good karma :thumbup:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

oh dear, sorry to hear about your offage.... bike doesnt look too bad tho but shame about the casing & footpeg :/ should fix up ok though eh.
least you're not too bashed up but what a pisser :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ooops!

Was thinking of you yesterday when I saw the weather, and thought you were in for a good day.

You might get away with liquid metal on the clutch case, but to hide it have a look at Carbonadi's carbon or kevlar covers. From Germany but trustworthy. (I tend to avoid purchases from companies from overseas, if I can help it)

Wemoto, David Silvers and E-Bay are your new best friends....

I've got one of those fairings on my bike, (washed the dirt and grass off but the scrapes are still there) so if you find anyone reasonable to do the crack stitching and respray, let me know, would you?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Aww mate that blows! Hope it turns out to be a cheap fix. Must admit I go down to Cadwell and watch the public sessions on a regular basis and there is always at least two offs :eek2 That sort of dictates my approach to trackdays ............not on my bike or on a track specific bike only!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Cheers for the good wishes all.

Have chemical metal-ed it up and after an initial heart stopping moment before I realised keel switch was off, she fired in to life. All sounds fine so going to get on the patch up job as soon as these bruises have disappeared!

There was a beautiful SP1 there and I have to admit that if I had that bike I probably wouldn't track it. He weren't holding back either!

Defo will go again tho, was a great buzz... Will just aim for a dry day!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Good on yer Giddsy. Roll on the good weather.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Hi matey

know that feeling well, crashed my R6 at cadwell in august!

check out my website.

http://www.trackbike-repairs.co.uk

laters

dave
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ah Bugger! :cry:
Now you know why I don't like wet track days. Far too easy to bend your pride and joy.
On the up side, It's the best place to fall off, no chance of sliding under an on coming lorry :eek2 and it really is great fun on a nice day :thumbup:
Don't let it put you off.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal