scotoiler fitting/routing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rumpleforeskin

scotoiler fitting/routing

Post by rumpleforeskin »

hi all,

anyone have some nice pics of where they fitted their scotoiler and where they routed the pipes?

going to try to get the output onto the bottom of the swinging arm so it flows onto the bottom of the rear sproket, hopefully minimising the amount of mess it makes.

also anyone have any recomendations of oil to use other then the official scotoil?
i used to use chainsaw oil on my last bike as it is sticky as hell... and that chain was still in fantastic condition when i sold the bike 4 years later
benny hedges

Re: scotoiler fitting/routing

Post by benny hedges »

another fine place to angle the feed pipe is on the top run of the chain where it goes behind the gearbox sprocket cover.
any throw-off is contained within the cover, rather than mucking the bike & tyre up.

you will find chainsaw oil is cheaper than scottoiler oil, get it from b&q or any hire shop / garden centre.
sticks like sh1t, virtually no fling.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.