New to vtr1000.org

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
boris44

New to vtr1000.org

Post by boris44 »

Can you believe that!!? I have owned my firestorm for 13 years & only now do I find this site.
AMCQ46

Re: New to vtr1000.org

Post by AMCQ46 »

hi boris, welcome to the forum, even if it has taken you a bit long to find your way here. You might now be the record holder for both the longest ownership of a Storm and the worst Internet searcher. Both these facts hint that may not be in your youth :lol:

Don't worry, there are a few of us on here that fit the same pattern. I have had mine for 10 years, found this site 5 years ago but didn't join till las year (I just used the workshop info and lurked!).

So I am only young in my head!
AMcQ
boris44

Post by boris44 »

Yes you sussed me out, at 45 years young I am somewhat of a vtr veteran. Testerment to the bike though, after buying it new when they first came out the factory, only now am I having my first real problem with it. But if I hadn't had the problem I wouldn't have found this place.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

what's up with it chap? :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny,
try and keep up, You already answerd his question in another thread! :lol:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

oh yeh sorry lol, miles away! :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
naldo

Post by naldo »

hi,am a new member with my 1st firestorm,is their a big prob with cam chains is it really that much of a prob,it gets a bit slappy after about 5mins on the road.its the front end tensioner,everything else is great the bike has only done 21500miles and is on a 1997plate,can you please advise,thanx ronnie
    bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

naldo wrote:hi,am a new member with my 1st firestorm,is their a big prob with cam chains is it really that much of a prob,it gets a bit slappy after about 5mins on the road.its the front end tensioner,everything else is great the bike has only done 21500miles and is on a 1997plate,can you please advise,thanx ronnie
      Think you'd better read this: http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... a7#p149552
      Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
      marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome to the forum matey :thumbup:
      4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
      ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Welcome to the forum ..'young man'...at 45 your motors only just run in mate. :thumbup:
      YETI

Post by YETI »

boris44 wrote:Can you believe that!!? I have owned my firestorm for 13 years & only now do I find this site.
      Oooooh ! pipped at the post 12yrs and counting
      Mmmmm idea for a new post !!
      sirch345
      Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Borris :thumbup:

When you said you'd only just found this site after 13yrs, I guessed you most likely only went looking for help once you had a problem, which is the norm for a lot of members. I see you confirmed my thoughts further down :) That says a lot about a Honda Firestorm :thumbup:

Chris.