AM I IMPATIENT...?

General Bike chat
STEVESTORM

AM I IMPATIENT...?

Post by STEVESTORM »

I ordered stuff from both Fast Bike Bits and Pro-Bolt on 29th Feb on internet. Both debited my c/c with 48 hours and I ain't had nuffing.

One blamed Royal Mail ( it was sent last weds! - YeaH?)
One suddenly realised today...when I rang again (no reply to e-mail)

R they all this bad or am I being harsh.

Take Money - Firestorm
Send Goods - C90 !!!

Steve(STORM)
FireSpawn

Post by FireSpawn »

If they take the cash they should deliver ASAP IMO. If the stuff is in stock then this should be no problemo but if it's not in stock the least they could do is send a courtesy mail and see if you still want to go ahead.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Welcome to the world of today......

i've found over the last year that in general this type of stuff is universal. doesnt matter what you order. seems nothing is ready to go any more, no sense of urgency either........

Oh well, gone are days of a prompt reliable service..... :cry:
RAINMAKER

poor service

Post by RAINMAKER »

Me too, I ordered Optimate III for Bikebitz, offical site for Optimate on 25th feb, despite the phone calls, oh sent it ages ago; will send another, still nothing, they got my money so is this Fraud, how long before you need to tell credit card company.
Will never order from them again. still thats life..........Paul.
STEVESTORM

Post by STEVESTORM »

update for ya..

parcel allegedly posted Weds 3rd arrived today postmarked 8th ! - it appears 'Fast Bike Bits' are 'Slow Parcel Bull##*&&*rs'

Steve(STORM)
Druid

Post by Druid »

Not everyone is like this, and it's good to give credit for good service.

I phoned Carbon Can Co on Wednesday morning to order a high level exhaust for my new VTR. Spoke to a guy called Simon (?) who was very helpful. Parcel arrived today (Thursday).

Hard to fault service like that, they've earned themselves some positive advertising and repeat business :)
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Yeah, not everyone has bad service.
That there Del (delmeekc) f'rinstance - he's a Top Bloke, he is!
Fancy being able to buy stuff from him from the other side of the world, and have it in 5 days, for less money than buying it local (even with your ripoff GB bike parts prices - and no, I don't mean your prices, Del).

And he didn't even charge me for all the witty repartee and valuable advice he provided! :wink:
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Yeah but you have to remember, Del isnt a big organisation with the backup to be able to sort things properly, (not knocking Del at all, i know he's good), But the bigger companies should be able to sort things out much more efficiently with their size of their backing....

Alas, it doesnt happen often though......
RAINMAKER

yes

Post by RAINMAKER »

Well my optimate III finally arrived so can't be too mean about online ordering.