Banned - NIP UPDATE

General Biker Banter
seb421

Banned - NIP UPDATE

Post by seb421 »

Bugger just when you count your lucky wombles stars!

nearly 6 month's to the day and just received the Court Summons

just thrown money at the storm like it was haemorrhaging cash out its cans, and now a ban too!

its pretty much a dead cert ill get 6 points and a Ban as I hadn't had the license two years at the time

was shitting it with the insurance, with a ban and points etc

but MCE have quoted 400 quid 3rd party fire and theft. and thats saying I've have a one month ban 6 points under code SP30 (Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road) and a fine of 150 quid and using the bike to travel to and from work.

Quite happy with that, thank fook. :)

Also been in touch with these people http://www.motoring.marymonson.co.uk/ to see what the can do for me if anything.
benny hedges

Re: Banned - NIP UPDATE

Post by benny hedges »

bah, a few more weeks and it's expired lol!
that's sh1t mate.
when you go to court maybe you should go for the extreme hardship angle and try to get off the ban??
you need the bike for work etc,

explain that the bike is capable of 140+ so if you were speeding intentionally the sspeed wouldve been a lot higher...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

yeah going to try and play on it big time as its 20+ miles to work (12 miles if I got through all the traffic lights in Chorley and Leyland but takes longer)

and was planing to go back into studing etc, with out a lisence i loose my job as there is no public transport at night,

might try saying it was a moment of carelessness? as it was down hill and wasn't intentional?

Bloody hate going court, I have some what of a Anger issue and fly off the handle quite easily when provoked,

Last time i was in court was a few years ago with a previous employer prosecuting a thief or along the lines of, cant remember as it was about 4 years back.

juggler followed me in the toilets and tried to threaten and scare, me. was hard not to nut him there and then.

got more and more wound up and I lost it in the court room threatening to punch his eye in, that was me very nearly arrested for contempt.

Hope I fair better this time round.
simo

Post by simo »

Just ignore it. The 2nd stage is that it has to be handed to you in person by the cops so dont answer the door, chances are they're too busy and thats the end of that. Worth a try :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

?

I'm due in court on the 8th September

If I dont attend court the case will proceed against me in my absence.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

see a solicitor about it seb before you go. dont use the duty sol, they cba!
you should get legal aid if theres a chance you'd lose your job over it.
explain if you lose your licence you lose your job, lose your job you lose your house etc...

agree on the not turning up at court.
they will just look at the hard evidence and not take anything into account in your defence, even if they say they will.

eg just before crimbo i got 2 letters, one saying id been fined 280 + 180 costs (for not turning up twice cos they said i didn't need to attend) + 15 victim fund for using my fone on speakerfone in june (long story)
i'd already handed my licence in with the producer and paid the fixed penalty over the fone, but the fiddler had refunded me without tellng me, and also claimed the police hadnt forwarded my licence on.
the 2nd letter was from dvla saying i had to send them my licence (which the police took and gave me a hort2 receipt) or they'd fine me a grand and remove my entitlement to drive, meaning id have to pass my bike & car test again!

that went on for over 6mth!
ended up i had to get the case re-opened, got the fine and cost quashed and just had to repay the original 60 notes (again) plus pay for a new licence.
wasn't worth arguing that the police had lost it etc...

wish to crouton i'd used a decent solicitor - reckon they'd tie them in knots over it seeing as my fone was handsfree on speakerfone and i had both hands on the wheel etc...
just a tip there, you can still be done for using your fone on speaker, in a cradle 8O

good luck with yours seb - get some advice :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

seb421 wrote:?
I'm due in court on the 8th September

If I dont attend court the case will proceed against me in my absence.
Well?

Good ( :wink: )or bad news ( :Banned: )?????
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

er i know what happened but i think you should wait to hear what seb says... :silent:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

benny hedges wrote:er i know what happened but i think you should wait to hear what seb says... :silent:
Right Oh.
How come you know?

You wern't in court the same day were you?

Or was it splashed all over the local paper, '' shock horror speeding M/C-list sent down for a 10 strech hard labour'' ( Meanwhile in court ealier today local man Dwane Snatchitandrun, was given a susspended 2 week supervised community sentence for agrivated burgulary, his forth this year, after the judge heard that durring a robbery at a local old peoples home he had wiped his feet on the way in & said please when ordering his victims to lie on the floor. Handing down the the sentence the judge remarked how Dwane's maners had improved since they had last met. Now send in the condemed Biker.)
steveb

Post by steveb »

MacV2 wrote:
benny hedges wrote:er i know what happened but i think you should wait to hear what seb says... :silent:
Right Oh.
How come you know?

Or was it splashed all over the local paper, '' shock horror speeding M/C-list sent down for a 10 strech hard labour'' ( Meanwhile in court ealier today local man Dwane Snatchitandrun, was given a susspended 2 week supervised community sentence for agrivated burgulary, his forth this year, after the judge heard that durring a robbery at a local old peoples home he had wiped his feet on the way in & said please when ordering his victims to lie on the floor. Handing down the the sentence the judge remarked how Dwane's maners had improved since they had last met. Now send in the condemed Biker.)

If only this was just sarcasm - p*sses me right off - it's the Courts the are crap not the rozzers!
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

steveb wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
Right Oh.
How come you know?

If only this was just sarcasm - p*sses me right off - it's the Courts the are crap not the rozzers!

Sarcasm????? Me? Never Sir, how dare you bismerch my name with such accusations, it's all true I tell ye. :wink:
playerone

Post by playerone »

Seb421 did post the outcome in the early hours this morning on the "tank range" thread but its gone now, probably due to everything else it contained.........anyway he got off with it, no points or fine :thumbup:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

playerone wrote:Seb421 did post the outcome in the early hours this morning on the "tank range" thread but its gone now, probably due to everything else it contained.........anyway he got off with it, no points or fine :thumbup:
So pleased that my 47 in a 40, with 3 points and £60 fine, was deemed more irresponsible.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ah yes, I was pointed in the direction of another forum, from which I read about his ''escape'' from justice earlier in the week.

However I seem to remmember that when he first posted re. the NIP he claimed he was inocent of all charges anyway. (yeah right!)

Unfortunatly I missed the post in the fule range thread, was it funny? ( unlikely, I don't think any of his posts were ever funny.) Or was it inflamatory? ( most likely.)

Will we ever hear from him again?

Will he ever forgive us for ''Shoegate''?