storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

Re: storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

Beamish wrote:Some really classy looking touches there Dave, nice work. One thing that always bugged me about the Storm, why oh why didnt Mr honda make the base lines of the tank flow with the line of the frame? looking good mate, now go out and enjoy it :clap:
i was looking at that before and thought about it but it would pretty much need a complete new bottom to make it look right or sh1t loads of filler which is not ideal in a tank. so needless to say i gave up on that idea when i realised how much work was needed, i also wanted to sink the clocks into the tank but that's a job for my next fighter project, this is a good road bike not a show bike!!

i'm thinking R1, 929-954 blade or a 955i with a supercharger!
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Aren't the important "breather" holes on the bottom of the tank? I saw a thread on here where they bent up the edges if a modded tank to get the breathing back

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Mucky Dog

Post by Mucky Dog »

This is a seriously sweet streetfighter.

Find myself midway through a similar project (will get some photos on here shortly) and having read this thread, I noticed that I have got the same digital speedo.........

This is my first build and to be honest, I'm struggling with the wiring. I assume you kept the same basic loom? Don't suppose if you get five minutes you could give me a quick list of which wires connected with what and which wires ended up being redundant on the loom.

Cheers
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

if you got the instrucions with the speedo and a haynes manual then just work through one at a time, make sure you solder them and don't use push in crimp conectors etc.

i can't remeber off the top of my head which colours they are but i used them all on the clocks bar the one for the fuel gauge cause it does't have one in the tank.
as regards the bike then there where a fair few that where left over, as the standard clocks use far more wires.

it seems to be working fine at the moment,

get a post going about your project!!!

if you need any help, just ask!!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

the ali tube turned up today, i'll be making some fork sleeves when i go back to work!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

going to stick some miles on the storm tomorrow as i have a babysitter for a couple of hours ithe afternoon so me and the misses are off out, and then in the evening i'm going for a blast with my dad and brother so i thought it was time to spend and afternoon in the sun and get the mop out..

colour sanding is a great way to get a beautiful finish to the paint work but it's so wombles messy, takes longer to get all the polish off that gets flung everywhere. came up nice though.

got a nice finish in the end, sssssmooooootttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

front mudgaurd

pillion seat cover

then it wash time to get all the polish off the bike and it's the first proper wash since i built it back up so there was plenty of dust under the panels to wash off.

then there was a few hours left in the evening to dry it off and polish the panels wit hthe final polish an dget the autosol out on the wheels etc!!

thinking about doing something with the head light, not sure i like the silver brakets to the side of the headlight, black, white or orange? or just leave them??

but mayb they will look better once i have made the fork sleeves as they will be black.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

leave em as is matey, will stand out nicely when the fork tubes are on, and FECK me she looks mint mate, infact sell her to me :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Beautiful job fella, and although it is totally custom it looks like the factory could have come up with it. Certainly one of the best fighters Ihave clapped eyes on. Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Bullyaw

Post by Bullyaw »

WOW!!!!!! Both ur concept VTR look awesome!!!!!
U r indeed the master of make-over mate.

Can u kindly advise me which & how much parts needed to have the
stock front forks change to those of your?

Thks
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

been tinkering again the last couple of weeks during my lunch breaks and managed to make myself some fork covers/sleeves/shrouds what ever you want to call them, as well as getting my r6 ready for another trackday which i did on monday just gone. finally got them fitted last night tuesday. after trying to fit them at the weekend and finding that the nylon spacers i had made closed up to much when i pressed them in the tube so they never fit, had to bore some more out to get them back to a nice tight fit, don't need the grub screw in the back of the bottom set but i put it in anyway. just incase they vibrate loose over time.

1mtr of ali tube, 2 old nylon rollers of a potatoe harvester, and a drawing!!

spacers turned and tubes cut.

tubes faced to lengh and spaces fitted

grub screw fitted.

let the fitting begin.

this is when i realised they did't fit, had to put the bike back together and put it away. try again later.

in the shed this time all went well.

almost there, just need to get the exhausts for the left hand side, the hangers are fitted ready.
alec

Post by alec »

mate that looks f*@cking amazing you should swap it for mine now or you'll have nothing to do, :thumbup:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Brilliant Dave 8) 8) all matching up now, very nice job mate :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Perhaps Im the only person that doesnt like it? I thought it looked better before tbh. Sorry Dave, just my opinnion, but it looked more aggressive before the awesome work you did on that bar!
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Looking again, Its the lower bar I don't like, the bit between the yokes look fine, the bottom one for me doesnt work.
kevg

Post by kevg »

Lookin great Dave, i really like this, what about making the headlight brackets the same colour as the rad covers...there is very little silver on the bike, it's all black mainly.
cheerz

kev