storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

Re: storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

had another good day today.

post man delivered my new clocks this morning.

and then i had a busy day, over done it a bit as my bloody foot hurts now but nevermind.
got through 4 plasters and have a nice burn blister but it was all good, got the exhaust mounts and link pipe made today, PITA but came out nice in the end, yet again another one of them jobs that would of came out better had i been at work with better tools and facilities but considering it came out ok. it'll work anyway. for now lol. i'll make a stainless one at a later date i think.

but first a head on shot of the front end as requested by sam.

the new cans once mounted on the plate together.

link pipe

smoothed

fitted(sorry about the angle but until i get the wheels finished and new tyres fitted i can't move the bike.)

now all the Fab is done i can strip the last 2 days work off and sort out the nuts and bolts so i can go to the local fastners shop and get some stainless replacements on monday. and paint all the brakets and exhaust.

which leaves tomorrow, for starting the wiring! :eek2 :confused :eek2 :wtf:
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

What a gorgeous day!!!! if i ever needed a bit more encouragent to get on with the bike today was it!!!

stated the morning with a bit of a clear up then i decided to make the mount for the clocks, find a nice place for them in the end but this later came back to haunt me,

made my template then my metal copy.

fitted it to the bar risers

THEN???, then the penny dropped!! :oops:
this is going to turn with the bars and the tank is right there, :eek2 what a tw@!!!!!!! so jacked up the bike and took it off the front paddy so i could turn the bars from side to side, only to find it did foul on the tank but no where near as bad as i thought, about an hour trimming and rebending the plate and now i can get it all in and the big plug in wire that goes on the back without hitting the tank, few!!

so started to get into the wiring which is't as daunting as i thought, the hardest thing is going to be getting it out of the way and behind the headlight but this is helped by the clocks being where they are as i can now hide some under the airbox and tank.

family coming for dinner tomorrow so will be trying to get the wiring done monday because i go back to hospital tuesday to have this boot removed and another xray on my foot, fingers crossed all will be fne then it's back to work on wednesday with a van full of bits to sneak in and hide so i can get on with finishing the wheels and getting them painted first.

need to get the on so i can set up the speed sensor for the clocks and check my new rear suspension set up!

laters amigos!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Been doing some wiring off late and can now get all the wiring tucked behind the headlight and the clocks are all connected, just need to sort out the speed sensor once the front wheel is mouted.

took off all the little brakets and supports i have made and panted them tonight,

just waiting on some mirror mounts to get the mirrors sorted which will also house the indicators.
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

dave-sp2 wrote:Been doing some wiring off late and can now get all the wiring tucked behind the headlight and the clocks are all connected, just need to sort out the speed sensor once the front wheel is mouted.

took off all the little brakets and supports i have made and panted them tonight,

just waiting on some mirror mounts to get the mirrors sorted which will also house the indicators.
Having a wheel read speedo then? Never thought about that myself lol Silly boy.....have to show me your set up mate, might do something similar myself 8)
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

I'll come and see you when it is finished sam!!!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

dave-sp2 wrote:I'll come and see you when it is finished sam!!!
Your on!! 8)
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

well work stopage is back upon me!!!!!!!!!

went to hospital yesterday and got an x-ray on my foot, all good boot is off and should of been heading back to work today. when i got home yesterday afternoon i as tinkering in the shed(as you do) and when i came into get something the misses was doubled up in a ball on the floor, managed to get her up and got her an appointment down the doctors.(got he kids from school and tea on blah bla you know the story) then the doc said what we thought, hospital here we come, suspected appendix so after some frantic packing and babysitter turning up got her off to the hospital.

still no news this morning other than her blood tests came back clear and my boss is't to impressed but it's just one of those things.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Best wishes to your wife Dave, she's in the right place that's the main thing.

Chris.
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Bloody hell sorry to hear about that mate.
Tell your boss to F*CK OFF....

Best wishes to the misses!!
pariah

Post by pariah »

That sounds just like my missus earlier this year. They couldn.t find out what was wrong, came up with all sorts of ideas.
Spent four days in hospital, kicked out. Spent another week in pain, back to docs and she sent her straight back to same hospital, same ward same consultant who sent her home before. In the end they decide it was a cyst on one of her overies and operated. :evil:
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

complicated creatures at the best of times!!!!! :twisted:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

dave-sp2 wrote:complicated creatures at the best of times!!!!! :twisted:
Always good to put a positive spin on hard times mate lol
Hobastard

Post by Hobastard »

I'm sure you'll have her sorted out and ready for a Dyno run in no time. :beer:
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

b8stard wrote:
I'm sure you'll have her sorted out and ready for a Dyno run in no time. :beer:
that will be something to look forward too :lol: probably not on her mind at the moment though.
getting the bike on the road is also something to look forward to and my trackday on the 11th. :thumbup:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Best wishes mate, hope all is well.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'