storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

Re: storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

kevg wrote:Lookin great Dave, i really like this, what about making the headlight brackets the same colour as the rad covers...there is very little silver on the bike, it's all black mainly.
i'm still thinking about this one, i think i might leave it until winter and take the hole front end off and get the bars, risers, fork shrouds, brackets and triple clamps powder coated satin black the same as the frame. and the silver engine casings and rocker covers to. then go from there. :confused
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Sweet work. Very nice indeed.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
FVFstorm

Post by FVFstorm »

That's is a REALLY nice job :) looks like a concept vtr done by mr Honda himself good work!

Just a quick question or two is that a 929 front end? If so how does it handle compared to stock? Also what's the rear tail light? I have never seen that before and also looks pretty cool.

Again nice job keep upbthe good work.
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

it has got a 929 set of forks fitted, sp2 wheel, sp1 callipers.

it seems to ride fine, the problem i had with the original set up was the handle/clipon position, it had a horrible riding position. but if you could get a good set of clipons to make the riding position simular to a standard storm then i'm sure it would be fine.

the rear light is a one off. it's all linked into the undertray. the rear lights u can buy seperatley.
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

dave-sp2 wrote:it has got a 929 set of forks fitted, sp2 wheel, sp1 callipers.

it seems to ride fine, the problem i had with the original set up was the handle/clipon position, it had a horrible riding position. but if you could get a good set of clipons to make the riding position simular to a standard storm then i'm sure it would be fine.

the rear light is a one off. it's all linked into the undertray. the rear lights u can buy seperatley.
brilliant job ,, a better front end really transforms the storm , some very neat work there dave , :thumbup: :thumbup:
its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

ordered the exhaust for the other side, hopefully they won't be long,

there is a local bike show this weekend i'm thinking of entering the bike. i'll see what the weather is like first i think
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Had a good ride out today, and the show at bury was much better than the last 2 years

http://www.burybikeshow.co.uk/

better quality pictures will be updated on the site soon, unfortunetly as the sun was shinning this year there where a lot more bikes there and some very good ones, and as i was pretty much the last bike there i had missed out on 3 hours of voters, instead of having a couple of people picking the bikes everyone got a voting slip on entry and had to walk around and vote, so i missed out on 3 hours of voters so needless to say i never got a look in on the trophies but i did get a lot of good comments from people.

this bandit 600 won best engineering, best streetfighter, and best in show.

this bandit 1200 won best paint

and a few more, a very good mix of bikes present.
found this nice vtr while walking around lol
an american couple and there long low blade, with hydraulics

all in all a good day, and lesson learnt!
more pics of my vtr with the new additional exhausts to come shortly,

i'm still considering doing a car wheel mod but not got the spare cash at the moment so just keep looking for a cheap wheel i like that might work.

later amigo's

dave
gilson

Post by gilson »

Hi Dave, that bandit is good, but nothing on yours. Single sided front forks? Confidence? No way.... I also like the brake discs with sharp teeth... crazy ideas...
No bike (yet).
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Some beauties there mate but for me its either classic OEM, Uprated classic (a la Norton 961) or useable uprated modern ( yours). As gilson said single sided forks :eek2 and welded chain handlebars are certainly not my bag. Give me an RD350 with USD forks and brembos :cool2
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Darksun99

Post by Darksun99 »

wow Cool mod.

Darksun99
Darksun99

VTR1000
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Who wouldn't, its like a modern day Britten :thumbup:
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Looks mint, that's my avatar on the Superhawk Forum!
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

first prize!! best streetfighter!!!!!

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Congratulations mate, well deserved.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well done mate but doesnt surprise me in the least - the bike looks fantastic but yet is still practical to ride.
gets my vote too :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.