Double standards or What

General Biker Banter
pariah

Double standards or What

Post by pariah »

While watching Emergency bikers last wednesday, It showed a female police officer going for her police motorcycle test.
Me and me missus was watching her while she was undergoing the off road handling test. We both looked on in total amazment when she dropped the bike after the cone control section. :D What amazed us even more was the fact that she was then taken out on the road afterwards. :confused
In last nights episode, she was awarded the title of Motocycle police officer , even when they clearly showed you her over take on a solid white line. :confused

What pissed my misssus off was that she only completed this module 1 section the other month and passed it, however if she had dropped the bike like the copper did it would have been an instant fail. This would have ment she would have to re-book at a later date and cost her the same fee as before.

How could essex police allow this to be shown on public TV that police motorcyce training standards dont apply to that of normal motorcycle riding standards set down by the DSA . :twisted:
geodude

Re: Double standards or What

Post by geodude »

Sorry, I don't agree. Lucy was undergoing the "Getting to know the bike" side of training and not the test. Charlie says "And now a test of pinpoint precision" If she had dropped her bike during the actual test (which is all day long and covers 200 miles and a slow riding assessment) then she would have indeed failed.

I don't think you can use a BMW1200RT during mod1 and if you could, I wouldn't like to try it having not practised slow stuff on it first. I have attended a fair few slow riding sessions where people have dropped their bike. It doesn't mean you can't ride.

You should not compare the standard of training the police go through with that required by the DSA. I have total respect for those that have undergone any advanced training whether police or civilian. :clap:

That's my 2 pence worth :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
steveb

Post by steveb »

I agree with Geodude,

plus the tv show are only going to show you the bits they want to. The course is probably two weeks long and they've shown you 10 min, if that. They're only going to show the bits they want to and probably not in the order they happened!!
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I like the idea of incompetent old bill out there.
Makes it less likely they'll catch me- most of them are far to handy for my liking......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

agree. once tried evading a copper on a bmw in a £40 citroen bx :oops:
soft git walked into the road in front of me with his hand up & i cba stopping (due to no tax & mot lol)
i didnt get very far lol, bailed out and ran off.
when i got back much later it was smashed to crouton and i had to pay the scrapman to take it away.
they'd done all the windows, lights etc, jumped all over the bonnet & roof.
bloke from the nearby betting shop came over and said it was coppers done that.

not much i could do tbh lol! :silent:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Yeh big respect to the bike cops,

once was chased from Middlebrook years ago when it used to be a big bike meet place (on the Rebock car park) used have superbikes and supermoto's doing stunts, wheelies, and general larking around

used be a mint bike meat dont know if any of you lot had been around 2001/2002 ?

http://www.visordown.com/forum/forummes ... =0&v=5&sp=

was down on a motocross bike, police topped up and gave chase, headed down the old loco works off road, over jumps, harsh dirt roads through forest, stopped after a while thinking it was clear now and next thing this bloody massive police bikes still gunning it towards me, so off i went again a bit more worried now, thank wombles he couldn't get his bike through/ under the barriers at my end of the locco work's

think i have some pics some where it was insane down the reebok none of the poser type fags just full of nutters