New BT014's

General Bike chat
ktd001

New BT014's

Post by ktd001 »

Wotcha folks

Just had the new BT014's fitted front & rear and they're great! Thought the 010's were good handling but the 014's make you go hunting for roundabouts! Drop into corners fast and, even better, have no objection to getting you upright again afterwards! Haven't tried 'em in the wet yet but as they're the tyres for the new Blade it's a fair bet that Honda have got 'em right. They're the same price as the 010's so definitely worth a try out.

Kenif
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

Interesting.....
how much does it cost..in you country two tyres for our bike?

O-Ring
ktd001

Cost

Post by ktd001 »

Front & rear was £215 total. Found a cheap (ish) shop so it would normally be about £250 (around Euro 370).
grinner

Post by grinner »

I'd be interested to know what you think of them in the wet. I have 020's on my zzr, always feel planted, much more than the 207's i've got on the storm. First whiff of moisture and they feel like they've got 2psi holding them up!
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I hated the 207RR they were great in the dry but totally crap in the wet... for my money you can't beat the pirelli evo corsas for grip in both wet & dry.... they remain totally planted!
ktd001

In the rain

Post by ktd001 »

Only had a short town trip (2 up) in the rain so far but they seemed fine. My favourie roundabout was nice and slick the other night and they had a better grip than the 010's used to. I thought something was going wrong then realised that they were pushing me round in a tighter line than I was used to! Had 020's on my old VFR and they were ok, but the 010's give much tighter turning
ktd001

BT014 report

Post by ktd001 »

Ho Folks

Just thought I'd add me last words on the new rubbers. Did a 140 mile round trip on saturday (2 up for 70) in the worlds crappest travel conditions. Nearly got blown into the central reservation a couple of times and thought I was gonna drown at one stage but the tyres were great! Complete confidence on wet and muddy roads and in gale force gusts. Takes some getting used to 'cos they're so rounded but apart from that, they're the best investment I've made.