Hello folks - another newbie

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
grclarke

Hello folks - another newbie

Post by grclarke »

Hi all,

Bought my VTR SP2 this July. Absolutely love it! Have a question though...... got a rear swing arm stand (a Honda one). Can anyone recommend a good front fork stand?

Gareth
marravtr

Re: Hello folks - another newbie

Post by marravtr »

welcome gareth, ive got an SP1 (the faster sp) :D my padock stands are micron, had em yrs but fit me sp well :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
grclarke

Post by grclarke »

Hey - thanks for the advice. I'll have a look 'round now!

Ps - your SP1 will always be faster. I ride mine like I've got Miss Daisy on the back anyway :crazy:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

grclarke wrote:Hey - thanks for the advice. I'll have a look 'round now!

Ps - your SP1 will always be faster. I ride mine like I've got Miss Daisy on the back anyway :crazy:
ahh i smell bullshite :wink: you'll fit in well here! :lol: :lol: its not poss to ride an SP slow :twisted:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I bought an Abba stand for my Sp. It allows me to jack the front up so I don't need a separate front stand :thumbup:
:D Welcome Aboard Matey :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hello & welcome :wave:

Enjoy the forum, the guys on here are top drawer and dead helpful too.. :thumbup:
ABB.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
grclarke

Post by grclarke »

Hey - thanks for the friendly welcome and suggestions. I'm going to do my usual and dither re: front stand, there are so many options to choose from.... :? I've mentioned the forum to a mate of mine who's just got himself a 98 Storm. I've just spent the last couple of hours wandering the forum - it's an absolute gold mine of information and advise. My other half is now very p'd off that I've had my face in the laptop all night - well not all night, having seen some of the pics of the bikes I decided to give mine a polish (guilty conscience)..... so I disappeared into the garage for an hour. I think it's a very well spent evening, she on the other hand has a different view :silent:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote: the guys on here are top drawer
ABB.
er, cheers. :roll: that's where i keep my socks and undies.
don't know if that's a compliment or if you're saying we're pants! :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Alreet Clarkie
Glad to see you're keeping it clean fella.... Tell bird to get the kettle on, polishing the bike demands thirst to be quenched!!
Hey Timbo - yep you're right - all you need is for Robin and his KTM and fish-face with his Duke now....
Just acquired a seat-pod for the storm - the new regulator seems to have sorted it out too. Great rideout on Sunday morning on it, massive grin factor.
:D
grclarke

Post by grclarke »

Yup - was thinking about a quick blast to Llangollen via bacon butty shop in Corwen on Saturday morning, but weather is looking iffy and I don't do rain - particularly after nearly drowning the other week on our ride out to Aber :problem:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Nice SP :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum :D
SP1's rock!
grclarke

Post by grclarke »

Thanks fella.

It took me a while to find it and it's great but........ I'm very anal when it comes to cleaning. I don't know the first thing about the mechanics of it though - in fact I googled CCT last night because I saw lots of people talking about it. I decided it wasn't Christian Conference Trust or Call Centre Technology and eventually found it to be something to do with Cam Chains. Now I need to know what a Cam is - but I digress. :problem:

My SP2 is 4 yrs old and had one previous owner, who obviously used it in winter and didn't clean off the salt properly. He's also taken a pillion on the back who has rubbed through one of the decals with their boot, and I think the bike has been laid up in a garage next to something because there are scratches in the fairings on only one side. :Cry3:

All little things but my OCD goes into absolute over drive each time I go out to hug and kiss it. :silent:

The decal on the back will be sorted soon, but the salt damage and scratches are not as easily solved I think. :(

Still, that said I think it's the dogs knackers and am well pleased with it...... :D
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

SP boys dont worry about the CCT's, its a firestorm prob :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard grclarke :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Re front stand, just converted mine to bobbins at the front and rear.
Front one means that the RH side of the spindle bolt needs drilling and tapping. and the LH side (because it's hollow takes the same sort of fitting as a bar end, expandable rubber with a draw bolt.
Works fine, and if you use plastic bobbins it might help protect the fork ends in a low speed spill (no guarantees implied or offered!)
Rears you just frill and tap the swingarm, see the post in Workshop.

Will post some pics of fronts at some stage.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.