Operation Storm, the aftermath...

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTR Marmite

Operation Storm, the aftermath...

Post by VTR Marmite »

Well I must admit I had bags of fun, the only downside being that I had to leave Saturday evening :( . I have never seen so many pissed up bikers eating breakfast in a Morrisons before, and i'm sure the blonde won't forget us in a hurry. I thought the ride out was good Silverzipper found some perfect roads, the only problem being he was leading in a Mazda :wink: Anyway I wanna thank everyone who went and look forward to the next one :thumbup:
marlbororman

Re: Operation Storm, the aftermath...

Post by marlbororman »

Just got in, unpacked and bike away, Breakfast was good in morrissons :) friday night was good, wot i can remember. Saturday morning was awfull from wot i remember :sick: :sick: Ride out on saturday was great, cheers for waking me up guys, Mazda was great leading the way, Christ he threw it round the corners 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Cheers everyone for organising a really fun weekend away...Gunna chill out now for couple of hours watching f1, then off for a bath to get rid of the aches and pains :lol: :lol: :lol: .............Ian
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

just got back meself, half a hr ago, ears are ringing lol as i forgot to put my earplugs in :oops:
came back up the m1 just past sheffield, then took the excellent a616 & 628 - superbly surfaced very winding and scenic roads :thumbup:
almost had an incident on the 628 when a mondeo driver saw me coming up fast behind him, and moved to the left to let me past, but he kerbed the car lol, shat out and weaved out all over the place & nearly took me off :redface :redface :redface :roll:

cracking ride out with the lads though, 200 miles on saturday over the tops through derby, matlock bath was fkin scorchio with loads of bikes out enjoying the sun, then out through a very wet and slippy cat&fiddle.
on the c&f, theyve just put new blacktop down in some areas and the rain brought the oil to the top, you could see the rainbow on the corners... and some soft git had painted white arrows on every bend - very slippery in the wet.

then a good blast back to the vic down some cracking roads with dave silver zipper setting the pace in his 4 wheeled bike :biggrin . respect.
though i had to blast past a few times to cool me rads!
too many pussies on the road doing 35 in 50 limits :Ball Kick:

the queen vic - i can say is an excellent venue apart from they didnt have food on - i did hear we missed a free barbeque tho in the garden.
some of the birds were munters tho but it was all worth it after i spotted a dude with an enormous chin, eddie the eagle would have a beano on it!
tony and his vibrating rock ring.... :roll:

couple of good bands on, guns or roses on the friday plus another band who i missed, then on saturday , heartbreaker, doing bad company and queen songs - absolutely storming band.
pub still serving at 2am, and outside was even more packed than inside lol.
at midnight 2 minibusses full of pissed up females turned up which made the occasion more memorable!

all in, 8 storms turned up - more wouldve been better but hey - amazing going through matlock yesterday all revving at the lights, sounded like hell on earth :cool2
theres one (or 2) missing there?

guess who!!! :lol:

funny as crouton, tony snoring like crouton at 3am on friday, marlbro tried to record the noise and staggerd over, fell on top of tonys tent, and he didnt even wake up!!!
i ended up crashing out half in half out of the tent, slept in my leathers lol :eh:

turtle's head! marlbro on sat am lol - what a fkin mess! :lol: :lol: :lol:

heartbreaker doing all right now - very good :thumbup:

guns or roses - good bunch of lads - took the piss out of them later at the bar!

2am outside the vic, still busy!
rofl at the angel stalling his bike on the carpark, trying to look cool :lol:

fkin lightweight lol :lol:

i'm sure more pics will follow - a few took gopro cams (not got mine back yet) so there should be some good footage of the ride out on saturday :thumbup:
had a minor incident myself on the way down, got 20 mile onto m6 and bike started running on one cylinder. Fek :Argue 1:
anyway, fuelled it up at the services and it seemed to be running ok, then started again on one pot.
got to nottingham and took the tank off - i'd removed my fuel pump but left the long hoses on and i figured it was cos of the juice running uphill so i took the extension pipes off.
marbro then turned up and i managed somehow to flick petrol in his eye, which mustve stung lol!
turned out of the car park and BOOOOOOrrrrrrrrrrrr pft. packed up again. fek :redface.
was fist in the q at the lights as well, so i slung a foot over to dismount and caught my boot on a soddin bunjee lol, very nearly went over, if mr marlbro hadnt jumped off his and grabbed my rear end (oooh er mrs!)
looked under the tank and the fuel pipe was twisted to crouton, nothing could get through it...
10 mins later, all sorted, off we go!

cracking weekend, met some top chaps from here, looking forward to the next group ride :thumbup:

any excuse for a piss up lol! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

If I had known soon enough I could have met up with you all, I wasn't that far away. :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Weren't too bad, nine in all (plus a four-wheeled thing) Still hung over- result.
Here's some piccies:

Great ride-out, cold and drizzly over the Cat and Fiddle, but jesus, those car drivers round there, 30 in a 50 limit, what's that all about?

Not a bad pub, all in all, camping field wasn't up to much!

But free, so WTF.

And how comes chippies aren't open on Saturdays round there? Reckon the Hen Night had run them out of stock earlier?
Looked like they'd been to a few......
Nice one, gentlemen, thank you for coming.

(which is basically what the Hen night.......)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

heres some pics

A video of the guns and roses tribute band

Also an on bike video from the ride out. Only got the one, as i seem to of c**ked up with the camera, was feeling pretty rough though :crazy:

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ahhhh my bed! luxury! couldnt wait to get in it, fell asleep all afternoon, recovering from shitloads of marston's pedigree.
just had a bad nightmare that i snogged some middle aged rockchick? tell me that didn't happen lol! :sick:
was having a lovely well earned kip then was woke up by a neighbours cat making itself comfy on my bed! WTF!!!
mustve got in through a window or summat.

when i said i wanted some black pussy in bed, that's not what i meant lol :biggrin
bike was mingin by the time i got home but ran very well - very happy there were no incidents / accidents / other dents

nice vids ian - thoroughly enjoyable weekend - thanks guys! :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Was indeed a good weekend but next time i'm taking a tent :Argue 1: Hats off to our guide, cracking roads and a stirling effort to try to keep the speeds up despite being on 4 wheels :clap:
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

playerone wrote: next time i'm taking a tent :Argue 1:

I wasnt going to bother with a tent, but at last minute, with back and ribs as they are at the minute, wanted to be able to get up and wander if i couldnt sleep. so was rushing around at 7am on the friday morning shooting up to me dads to get it, 20 miles away. :) All went very well , great weekend :thumbup: :thumbup:
playerone

Post by playerone »

marlbororman wrote:

wanted to be able to get up and wander if i couldnt sleep.
Dont think that was much of an issue :lol: :lol: :lol:
VTR Marmite

Post by VTR Marmite »

We have definately got to have another crack before the winter comes in, where to this time? Any ideas? Really wish I had stayed on the Saturday night, sounds like it was worth risking a black eye for 8O Where are the videos posted Benny?
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Neil, you found your kit ok then? Great weekend all, my knees and back are slowly coming back to life...
Good video Ian!
Here's to the next one.
Thanks all.
Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Call out to the guide of the weekend, thanks for showing us around some wicked roads and country side, thanks to all the guys for making a great weekend it's nice to meet the guys that always banter on here.

I'm okay but the bike is a little poorly:

Got back home yesterday and was leaking water from the expansion tank overflow, had a chat with Tony and I am going to drop the coolant today a flush the system to see if any oil comes out.

Shitter that it could be a head gasket, but at least she got me home and can work on her in the comfort of my shed.

I fear the worst, but Tony's silver line is that I can do the valve clearances whilst stripping the heads off the bike.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Looks like it was well enjoyed :thumbup: :beer:

Keep the piccy's coming :D
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

VTR Marmite wrote: Where are the videos posted Benny?
under marbro ian's post - the one with pics.
who else had gopro on? wish i'd picked mine up now - had a cracking run on the way back - been down there loads of times in the car but that was the first time i'd done the 616 & 528 on the bike :biggrin
still not unloaded the bike yet, might leave the kit on til weekend and have a blast down to my fave free camping spot at tal y bont near aber.

in case anyone fancies it, take the main (only) road from aberystwyth to machynlleth (494 i think - or the 487?)
about 8 mile out of aber is a little village called tal y bont with 2 good pubs on the green in the middle.
just before that is a dead end sign, go up there, through a sheep gate and the road forks off to the left & right.
take the left track (watch it - it's only a track!) it opens out into a superb flat common, free camping, lots of wood across the stream for a fire, lots of trout for breckie and lots of wild weed growing all over the place lol - follow your nose! :biggrin

cracking folk down there and the pubs are great, good local craic and fine ale til the last one drops, saturday night, a bit later!