Bought a VTR - 97

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
tonyf

Bought a VTR - 97

Post by tonyf »

Hi all
Tony from Mid-Wales - currently have a Speed Triple, couple of Fizzy and just bought a 97 VTR in Black - so far so good, will post some pics tomorrow. Pair of Viper Cans (6 weeks old) on it which sound very nice but I''m really looking for some high level cans.
MJONESY

Re: Bought a VTR - 97

Post by MJONESY »

which bit of mid wales im in aberystwyth, and welcome btw 8)
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Hi Jonesy - Newtown, I was in Aber yesterday for a ride-out - weather was pants!
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum! Get some pics of the bike up so i can see your cans, as I have a pair of hi level Remus Carbon Grand Prix cans and I may be up for a swap if you are!!! 8O If i cant sort out pillion mounts with the remus cans!!
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Some pics...

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

niiiice - looks very clean & well looked after.
are those hel brake lines???
considering investing in some meself atm :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Yep - HEL's..

The bodywork is not as great when you're closer to it. Personally, I think that I'll strip it down for Winter and get the bodywork upto scratch as well as the sub-frame / swinging arm.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Hey Tim

Already done the Reg/Rec.. Good call on the CCTs...

Tone
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Any advice on where to get replacement CCTs? Do you switch to the manual types instead?
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome-looks a nice bike :thumbup:

Had HEL lines in my Fazer and my Storm (considering some for the SP when I do the full service over winter) they are good qaulity.
SP1's rock!
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Thanks fella's - the sound on it is immense. I bought it based on a "lets see what its like" and I have to say that it is a very nice riding position and they pull fantastically. Very different to my Speed Triple as you'd expect - as Tim knows I'm a wee bit obsessive on bikes, so I just need to get it to my spec and then I'll be happy...

Here's some pics of the rest of the current flock...

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

that fizzie looks mint lol - theyre worth a bomb now on ebay 8O
and is that a early 80s yb100? had my first proper crash on one of them - the only yam ive ever owned!
(apart from a leccy piano, which was faster than the bike!)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

They're both Fizzy's - the red one is the first of the non-pedal types. The yellow one should be going to a new home tonight... I hope..
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

what did it go for if you dont mind me asking - just out of curiosity.
a work colleague has been looking for one for a while & the cheapest non wreck he saw went for 800 notes :eek2
must be guys my age wanting their teen ride back for a laugh. ah good fun, head down on the tank to get 50mph lol!
some of them old fs1e's topped at 65 iirc - on the clock anyway! :biggrin
i remember my ap was one of the ones without pedals, and the only restriction was a tube in the downpipe which came out with a good swing of the universal spanner :biggrin
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Hi Benny
Fizzy's are a complete minefield, even worse that the AP's when it comes to restoration. The Yellow one (the bloke thats bought it has until today to pick it up or it goes back up for sale) went for £995. When completed, that one will be worth about £1600-1700. Originally Fizzy's had matching engine and frame numbers (like my red one). The prefix or 394-100 for example on the yellow one is the same but the last three numbers are different. It has also got a later front end plus it should be the Baja Brown colour. If your mate wants any advice - tell him to get in touch.
The one to get is the original 73 Fizzy (SS model) which are worth best part of 4k. You will pay £800 for a pile of bits - if he wants to do original, tell him to get long arms and very very deep pockets...
Tony

And yes - AP's rule!! :D