Hot cams for some one.

stephen
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
benny hedges

Re: Hot cams on ebay

Post by benny hedges »

ah well, looks like theyve gone....

info
This listing has ended. Try finding a similar item.

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA fkin get in. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :clap: :p :p :p
sorry chaps - bargain of the year, £75 delivered lol :beer: :beer: :beer:

and there's more..... wait for it.... nah. wait for the pics lol :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ha!
and i thought Tony was going to be there like a rat up a drain pipe :thumbup:
Nice one Benny :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

pistons next.
saw a kit with everything for 225 - bargain imo.... where did i put that link.
and mrs' visa lol :shh:

can only find a usa seller for je pistons http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT
and they come without rings...
spose i could use the existing ones or get some from silvers / wemoto, but would prefer a uk seller if anyone has any ideas?

the dyno should be interesting :biggrin Image
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi What about tts they do cams or regrind yours, they might have pistons. What about sp1/2 pistons?
Happy hunting
Geoff :thumbup:
RIDE TO ENJOY
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

geoff996 wrote:Hi What about tts they do cams or regrind yours, they might have pistons. What about sp1/2 pistons?
Happy hunting
Geoff :thumbup:
well the cams are sorted :)
i'll probably go for the JE pistons as they seem to have a good write up but that can wait till winter as it's engine out job.
the cams i should be able to do in 1/2 a day :D

sp1/2 pistons would be 100mm diameter, whereas the storm are 98mm - not enough metal in the liners to overbore 2mm imo.
i'd be happy with the boost from just raising the compression without boring it out.
past experience, there's not much point going up by a few cc for the amount of work it would take - afaik the je pistons are a straight swap -= even take the std rings...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pete.L wrote:Ha!
and i thought Tony was going to be there like a rat up a drain pipe :thumbup:
Nice one Benny :D

Pete.l
Mine are already being reground, and will be ready next week.
Costing me more than Benny's though, result, mate.
Any idea what make?

It'll be interesting to compare dyno results...

The JE's are the way I'm going, too.
They take standard Honda rings and gudgeon pins and circlips, so no messing around.
And oversizes are no probs, either.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:

Any idea what make?

The JE's are the way I'm going, too.
They take standard Honda rings and gudgeon pins and circlips, so no messing around.
And oversizes are no probs, either.
kent, steel billet - yes i know what they retail at!!! :thumbup:
though they look cast to me. at that price i'm not bothered lol as long as the profiles are good.
says brand new so i spose i'll find out when they turn up...

have you found a uk seller for the pistons???
the link i posted come as a kit with pins && clips, but no rings.
got a link somewhere for a uk seller, complete kit with rings included and gaskets etc for 225
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

£225's not bad, I'm looking at around £155 at current exchange rates, plus delivery and probably VAT when they get classified as not being a gift!
All in about the same as the price you're talking about.

You don't have to take the engine out, you can just about get at the big end bolts from in through the sump.

But personally I'll be taking the engine out, because I'm a masochist but hate working underneath bikes, cars, anything....

And it'll be much easier on the engine stand.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
And it'll be much easier on the engine stand.
agree. might treat meself to one tbh - looks well handy.
plus i won't be doing mine til the frost comes, then it's all coming apart, frame subframe, swing arm, wheels & fork legs getting powder coated in black, plus anything else that might rot, ie yokes, fairing bracket etc, then re-do my hashed spray job!!! :biggrin
might see what i can do with the heads as well while theyre off - not much scope for bigger valves but they can have a clean up and did see some beefy springs somewhere...

should make for a nice motor.
speaking to the main man tho, lightened flywheel isn't recommended with cams & hc pistons for some reason :confused dunno why?
saying to mm before, i wouldve liked to do a before & after dyno, but thought whats the point, by the time ive done base, fuelling & power run i couldve paid for the pistons, then it'll all want setting up again no doubt - still want to get the fuelling sorted tho, bit lumpy under 3k atm...
btw tony the 2nd flywheel is in the shop, getting done to same spec :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote: btw tony the 2nd flywheel is in the shop, getting done to same spec :thumbup:
Lovely.
It's only a ten-minute job to swap them out, so will be worth a go just to see what difference it makes.

I'm expecting a fraction more top-end power at the expense of all of the lovely smooth torque lower down, but still, if you don't try you'll never know.

And if we both write up how great they are, how frightened we both were by all the extra power and had to take them off, other peeps will pay £50 a time.....
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
And if we both write up how great they are, how frightened we both were by all the extra power and had to take them off, other peeps will pay £50 a time.....
i just have this image of removing the flywheel momentum and feeling every bang from the engine...
it'd be like riding with octagonal tyres :think:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yay - camshafts arrived 5 mins ago in a cottage pies box lol.
asked mrs to describe them and she said dunno, they just look like big candlesticks made out of shiny bolts! :lol:
that'll be them then :lol:

looks like i'll be busy tonight eh :thumbup: :thumbup:
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

That was very quick mate, pleased you got sorted with your bits. Cant wait to see what difference they make, along with the other mods you have lined up :)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

marlbororman wrote: the other mods
well, i've got the vac relief valves on, had 2 good rides with them and they definately make a difference in corners - the engine braking and over-run howl is still there but not as pronounced, and now i get a TsssssssssssssssssTTT as well when i roll the throttle off so they are definately doing what i thought they would :thumbup:

still waiting on the flywheel(s) tho - that should be a Major difference, on pick-up anyway - expecting it to rev up like a blade lol, especially with the new 1/4 turn throttle tube :thumbup: :biggrin

made up with the braking too - massive difference & i definately feel a lot more confident on it now... had a few hairy moments before where it just didnt feel like it was going to stop, and was wary about leaning it over with the old tyres, whereas now - what can i say,,, handles like a totally different bike. superb! :biggrin
i'd be happy to put it on the track as it is, but i'll wait til the other stuff is done & dyno'd :thumbup: