Howdo!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
keepy

Howdo!

Post by keepy »

Hello everyone!

Quite a mixed set of circumstances have lead me to this forum, but I can say I've very glad to be on here... long and short of it....

Someone kindly pulled out of a junction on me on by beloved '01 600 Hornet (Which I never thought I'd part with), and what looked like a pretty undamaged bike after a low speed impact (15/20mph), I thought I'd get it checked out all the same.... turns out the frame was bent ...Write-off:-( ......

Picture of the Hornet:

Upside.... the insurance company gave me a cheque for £2850!

Nipped down to my local Bike shop in Macclesfield, but there was nothing to tickle my fancy.... so I stopped by to my local mechanics on the way home to see if they'd restored any bike recently.... no joy, but about 30 minutes before I got there the son of the owner had put an advert in the windshield of his 2000 VTR FIrestorm....

Not knowing that much about them he gave me the low down, I liked what I heard and told him I'd take it off him! it was up for £2100 so I'd even banked a few notes in the process...!!

Needles to say I'm Very happy with the bike, after only 3 days riding on it so far I seem to have got into the groove with it quite nicely :-)

One very happy Firestorm Owner.

As you can see there isn't a mark on it. The history is that the guy who I bought it off picked it up about 4 years ago after the previous owner had dropped it and broken the fairing. as far I I know from there, he got a new set of plastics and chose to re-spray in pearlesent white instead of the stock Blue that it was.

as far as other mods done, its got:

1. Scorpion cans on it
2. Stiffened front suspension
3. Both Cam Chain tensioners done
4. Heated grips
5. Refurbed Wheels

Real Head turner, sounds like thunder and well chuffed with it!
benny hedges

Re: Howdo!

Post by benny hedges »

AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHH another white one 8O 8O 8O 8O :Argue 1: :Argue: :Ball Kick:

mine is no longer unique!!! :Ball Kick: :Banned:

looks very nice tho bud - very nice idd. :thumbup:

any other mods done??? ie have the ccts been done? if not that is first thing you NEED to do before you blow your windfall!

welcome in feller - first round's on you! :beer:

white is definately the coolest colour btw +1 Image
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome in matey, bike look tidy :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

What a result on the insurance matey.!

Defo down you a favour there... Enjoy the storm and welcome aboard! :beer:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Looking Good!
:D welcome Aboard :D

pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Looks sweeeet...Welcome :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

it looks great in white, nice bike.

Poor Benny, all that effort to be unique, and within 2 months he is common again........dont think I have seen a pink storm yet benny
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

never fear. i have a plan.
once i've installed this babeh you won't be able to see what colour it is. :idea:
and plod can get to crouton as well :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

benny hedges wrote:never fear. i have a plan.
once i've installed this babe you won't be able to see what colour it is. :idea:
and plod can get to crouton as well :beer:

Have to hand it to him Benny, it looks great! Shame your'e not the only one in white bless! you make me laugh tho, so the entertainment factor is good :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the fold...Enjoy...ABB :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
keepy

Post by keepy »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Sorry for the p155ing on your bonfire Benny :-) if its any consolation mines got a pearlesent glitter to it that you can see when the sun catches it. and yeah both cam chain tensioners have been done in the last year, so all good there.

Still, 1 of 2 isnt a bad shout.... all good things come in pairs! (Lennon/McCartney, Exhaust Pipes, Chaz/Dave, Batman/Robin, & Boobs!)

:D

Had my 1st week to work the the bike this week and have been pleasently supprised! I was worried that it wouldnt have the tank to do a full round trip (Macclesfield - Liverpool Airport Return! 80 miles) but its the same as the Hornet, reserve light came on at 110.2 miles which by my calcs means if I ran it dry I'd get about 130miles! not bad for a 10 year old bike :D
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

sh1t - 110 miles to RLOD - I'm lucky to see 90 (I do get a little spirited at times....)
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

keepy wrote:all good things come in pairs! ( Boobs!)
there's a thing....
i'm a boob man, but i also love clits.
big juicy throbbing swollen pink clits. :thumbup:
why do birds not have 2 clits? :think:

see, the only way ive found to get 2 clits is to get 2 women very close together, and apart from 2 (maybe 3) occasions, that has led to arguments and usually me getting binned off.
if i was god i'd have seen to that bigtime.
birds would have 2 clits and us chaps would have 2 nobs. one spare for when there's no skin left on the other.
and thicker skin on the right palm. :thumbup:

crouton your bike anyway not arsed, dont give a sh1t what colour it is. :cry:
btw, i ride up macc a bit at wkends (no plod) so might see you around....... (sabotage :twisted: )
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard keepy :thumbup:

A very nice intro with the photo's and info on your new bike, it's looks great 8)

I think you're going to fit in here very well :)

Chris.