New gloves

General Bike chat
rst steve

New gloves

Post by rst steve »

Well just bought some new gloves got some Knox Handroid in black and white bit pricey at £160 but top quality and very comfy. Not had a chance to try them on the bike yet but hopefully will get out this weekend and give em a go will report back when i have. :thumbup:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: New gloves

Post by cupasoop »

FFS how much :Jaw Drop:
Rich.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Report back how you get on with them, I was tempted based on the quality, but walked away because of the price. Might still go for the model below the handroid, but I already have 2 good sets of gloves........ :?:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I sort of like the design, but wondered if they'd catch on stuff.

Let us know how you get on.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cupasoop wrote:FFS how much :Jaw Drop:
tell you what bud, you say that until you come off and smash your hand wearing plain gloves with no armour...
my hand is still fkt & looks like i'm stuck with it.
if i could turn the clock back i'd have got some pukka motox style gloves with proper armour & sliders.
saw a good write up on the best available in mcn a while ago and thought the same ££££ 8O

think my last ones cost me 30 notes and i thought that was dear lol!
same with boots - there's loads of tiny bones in your feet, like in your hands... makes sense to protect them best you can cos you're fkt without them.
i won't scrimp on gear again even if i look like a robot wearing it lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Bloody el Steve-suppose £160's ok if you say it quietly... 8O

Hope they're top notch at that price :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Like RST Steve, I've always opted for the more expensive armoured glove - use a set of Dainese for summer, which are brilliant.

However. One of the guys on one of the other forums I subscribe to posted up about these guys - so I thought for the price, what the heck (I needed a spare set of winter gloves at the time).

And I have to say that they are absolutely excellent quality - I'd say as good as my Dainese, well made, well armoured with Carbon Fibre, waterproof, comfortable - and a crazy crazy price. I would thoroughly recommend them. Throughout winter my fingers were nice and toasty - and they are not showing any signs of wear either.

I've spoken to others who have used these guys as well, and every one I've spoken to has nothing but praise.

Which just goes to show that you don't have to pay a fortune for a quality product. Once my Dainese get worn out, then I'm getting me a set of their summer gloves.

Oh - one thing. Their website is a bit strange, scroll up/down and you see all the colours they do for some reason there are a few gaps in the middle of the screen

And make sure you choose whether you want winter or summer gloves :D

http://www.gpleathers.com/component/vir ... egory_id=4
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

had a look round the shop and bought myself some new summer gloves and a nice set of 2 piece leathers - good prices :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
geodude

Post by geodude »

FirestormMike wrote:£160, bugger that.
I'll stick with my Alpinestars GP gloves with Carbon fibre armour. Great when you have a supplier (I paid £20) :) Got my boots for £50 too.
There should ba a smug git smiley.

Here, let me.... Image
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well test ride over did about 70 miles today across to Matlock then back over the Cat and fiddle and can say that it was money well spent.

First off i thought i had made a mistake when i first put them on over my leathers i thought they looked very big and would get in the way but when i tightened them up properly they looked better. First few miles was a little strange but soon got the feel of them. The further i rode the better they felt almost to the point of not feeling like i had gloves on. Normally when i ride to Matlock i get bad pins and needles in my right hand (snapped my wrist in half a few years ago)round about half way there but rode all the way there today and no signs of it did feel a little bit as i got back to buxton but a quick shake and all ok again. I have never had gloves with this much armour in before but have had gloves from Dainese, Rs Tachia and my last ones Berik and can say that these are miles ahead in fit and comfort. All in all i would highly recommend these gloves fit perfectly, are really comfy, look the nuts and offer the highest level of protection i have seen in any glove. Not sure they would be very good in the winter but as a summer race glove they are great. Are they worth £160?????????????? I would say if you want to protect your hands and be comfy then yes i would buy another pair in the future.

Next thing to replace is my lid on a Shoei xr1000 at the mo and got my eye on a x-spirit 2 :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

probably just missed you bud, was over there meself today.
not a plod in sight, just the heli, and only 6-7 bikes at c&f pub.
had the road to meself :thumbup:

i ordered the £22 black gloves from the site below (or above depending how you view the page)
and a nifty black & white 2 piece gimp suit...
need another pair of boots as well cos my frank thomas ones are shot after my offage.

have a look at the raid2 if you're shopping for a shoei - best lid ive used for comfort and quietness.
had my old nolan on today and came back stone deaf.
over 90 i was like a nodding dog trying to keep my head attached to my shoulders and the wind was getting up under it trying to lift it off :thumbdown:
and i couldn't see on the way home into the sun, dazzled to buggery - you gets what you pays for.

ordered another raid2 this morning, plain white with a black screen :thumbup:
must say i like the schuberths but 8O £££ mucho dinero

anyone seen these???? they're not approved but they look ace - saw a guy on a quad wearing one the other day and said wow ---¬
v

vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

benny hedges wrote:
had a look round the shop and bought myself some new summer gloves and a nice set of 2 piece leathers - good prices :thumbup:
You will not be disappointed buddy!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

benny hedges wrote:probably just missed you bud, was over there meself today.
not a plod in sight, just the heli, and only 6-7 bikes at c&f pub.
had the road to meself :thumbup:

i ordered the £22 black gloves from the site below (or above depending how you view the page)
and a nifty black & white 2 piece gimp suit...
need another pair of boots as well cos my frank thomas ones are shot after my offage.

have a look at the raid2 if you're shopping for a shoei - best lid ive used for comfort and quietness.
had my old nolan on today and came back stone deaf.
over 90 i was like a nodding dog trying to keep my head attached to my shoulders and the wind was getting up under it trying to lift it off :thumbdown:
and i couldn't see on the way home into the sun, dazzled to buggery - you gets what you pays for.

ordered another raid2 this morning, plain white with a black screen :thumbup:
must say i like the schuberths but 8O £££ mucho dinero

anyone seen these???? they're not approved but they look ace - saw a guy on a quad wearing one the other day and said wow ---¬
v

Saw you as i got to the bottom of the cat at the macc end you was just going up thats if it was you on a white storm lol :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

rst steve wrote: Saw you as i got to the bottom of the cat at the macc end you was just going up thats if it was you on a white storm lol :thumbup:
yup tht would be me, about 7pm, shinypurple helmet lol! not seen another white storm - what was you riding?? didn't notice another storm>>> unless you were going fast lol, i was obeying the speed cameras as always :whatever
50mph limit but tbh where it starts you're lucky to get past 40 on them bends :lol:

went back today to pay for the petrol from saturday - chap in the shell garage let me off cos i forgot my dosh! :thumbup:
let us know when you're up there next :thumbup:

oh & btw...
vtrbarmy wrote:
You will not be disappointed buddy!
i am disappointed.
pay by fone... i rang up to pay today, they don't have the leathers i ordered from their site, in fact the only 2 piece they have is an orange ktm set.
and they don't have the gloves either.
they said they are running stock down to buy new lines but the prices will be going up.
i said oh, alright then, never mind. :thumbdown:
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Benny what can I say mate - If I'd known then would not have proposed them, myself and others had no problem - then again that was last october.

Sorry buddy... :(