Hi all & thanks

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Big Al

Hi all & thanks

Post by Big Al »

Have been a member for a while and thought it about time time to say hello and thanks. Owned the storm for over two years now and in the last few months suffered both cct and voltage regulator failure.

You guys know your stuff and walked me through the cct replacement (how do you undo the alternater plug without destroying it?) - timing chain jumped but didn't damage anything fortunately. Followed shortly after by the regulator (uplifted by Green Flag for the journey home, not for the faint hearted!) - by then I had downloaded the manual from the links on the site (thanks again) and diagnostics / replacement is a breeze. Wrecked the battery though.

So thanks again to you commtted bunch - life would be made more difficult without you.

By the way, is anyone doing the TT this year? It would be great to meet over a beer or three.

Cheers Big Al
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Hi all & thanks

Post by cupasoop »

Hello AL and welcome.

We take cheques, postal orders or plain old cash if you really want to thank us :D
Rich.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just get a round in at the Great Annual Meetup this summer :thumbup:
Mine's a bucket of anything on a hand pump!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

aw isn't that nice :)
i think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said.
i'm filling up now, i feel sort of....... complete. :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
stormarmy

Post by stormarmy »

Big Al,

I am off to the TT - Get there on the night of the 6th for the second week. See post in 'Racing' for others....
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I can't think of any better way of saying thanks than with alcohol - I would happily stand a jug or two. :beer: