Just a couple of questions

General Bike chat
glynmitch

Just a couple of questions

Post by glynmitch »

Now I know this may have been covered many times before but I can't be bothered going through all the old posts.

1, Is there a quick action throttle for the Storm?

2, I will be fitting a 96 Blade rear wheel so which VFR 750 front wheel will fit the front of the Storm?

Thanks
benny hedges

Re: Just a couple of questions

Post by benny hedges »

rvf750 throttle tube off david silvers, 10 day delivery tho as they order them in.
26 delivered.
unless you can get a different one elsewhere - there's another thread about them so maybe a quick search.

not sure which wheel but if you look on ozfirestorm, theres a modding section with reference to what bits fit off what bikes.
good luck :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Hi glynn. I fitted a 96 blade rear wheel and a vfr400(nc30) front. Direct swap with no messing around with bearings or spindle.
glynmitch

Post by glynmitch »

Only reason I said VFR whell instead of NC30 is bacause they seem to be more readily available.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Front wheel: believe it is 94-97 VFR750. The CBR600F3 front is a direct bolt-on as well (and likely easiest of all to find).

AS for the throttle, the RC45 unit works, but you can also fit an HRC 1/6 turn tube (can find them on eBay). The only issue is that it uses up ALL the available play in the cables. ON the positive side, it's a lot of fun :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

All the available play-
Why not file the cable groove a wee bit deeper, to give some play for adjustment purposes?

Only need 1mm off diameter to give 3.142mm more cable slack, unless my mediocre school maths deserts me.

So .5 mm deeper in the usable part of the track :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.