TT manual cct.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rider on a Storm

TT manual cct.

Post by Rider on a Storm »

I have 3 sets of these just done, drill and roll pin, 10 min job to finish. Will have 20 sets done by 4th june with drilling & taping top nut to finish. The only thing I,m not sure of is the best way to sell them, I want to keep them for members of VTR.ORG first so e-bay is out. Any suggestions welcome. Price 40 euro? + p&p which to Uk is about 5 euro parceled, looking at alternatives to make it as cheap as possible. i will have to read over old posts to check who wanted them first, if you are one of the first 3 and want a pair contact me.Comments welcome, tks for looking :thumbup:
Tray
steveb137

Re: TT manual cct.

Post by steveb137 »

I'd like a pair please. Send me PM with details if still available :thumbup:
Rider on a Storm

steveb137 wrote:I'd like a pair please. Send me PM with details if still available :thumbup:
just checked old posts and 15 pairs at the time were wanted so if you can wait till new batch is finished will put you down for a pair. Will have to wait to see if these guys contact me first to be fair, mabey some are sorted by now, cheers mate :thumbup:
Tray
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Received mine yesterday morning Tray after I had left for work. I must say the pictures do not do them justice. The build quality is brilliant and the polished look on the body is really professional looking. I have to say that for the money you are asking folks will not be disappointed.

I hope to fit them this weekend I will let you know how I get on.

For around £38 delivered I would make more than 20 sets mate, people will be biting your hand off to get these. I think they are defo better than APES any day.

Cheers Jazz :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Rider on a Storm

:clap: for postie 3 days not too bad. Hope you get them fitted and back on the road soon mate. Seen your post about fitting front only. I would follow sirch's instructions and fit both when doin it, "murphys law" jimmy :lol: the back one would miss his cousin and cut loose to spite you :lol:
Tray
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Yip, its defo the front one thats let go Tray, just taken off the fuel tank and airbox etc. Of course I will be replacing both mate. Im not gonna hijack ur thread so Im gonna post a question in my thread.

Jimmy :beer:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice job ROAS :thumbup: They certainly look the business :D

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Rider on a Storm wrote:Image
Comments welcome, tks for looking :thumbup:
i would consider binning my apes and fitting a pair of them - very nice work. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

Hi Tray,

Two questions if possible....

Any pairs left?

Whats the maintenence like on manuals. (leaking oil, tension adjustment etc?)

I was going to get a pair of Dave Silvers auto CCTs but the price and look of yours is VERY compelling... as long as the upkeep is ok for a basic DIYer like me..

cheers

Simon
Rider on a Storm

LutonStorm wrote:Hi Tray,

Two questions if possible....

Any pairs left?

Whats the maintenence like on manuals. (leaking oil, tension adjustment etc?)

I was going to get a pair of Dave Silvers auto CCTs but the price and look of yours is VERY compelling... as long as the upkeep is ok for a basic DIYer like me..

cheers

Simon
Simon, will have 20 pairs just done by next week (first 5 gone I'm afraid). As for adjusting them the initial set up is most important. Plenty of useful advice from members who have used manuals.The best advice I'v seen is to lock off the autos first and measure the lenght of the plunger, use this as a starting guide, some screw in the adjuster until finger tight and back it out 1/4 of a turn, turn the crank over a few times with the plugs out by hand before firing it up, if it is still rattley adjust in until noise is gone, too tight i,m told will sound like a whinning noise so back it out again, when ur happy tighten the locknut. To be honest I would not recommend if u are unsure, i,m no spanner monkey myself but with all the sound advice I have got from this site I would have no worries about getting stuck in, but if in boubt check it out mate :confused

.Its recommended to use a smear of instant gasket, there is an o-ring fitted behind the locking nut but I would use the instant gasket to seal any possible leaks. This should not be such a prob for the front as I,m told a lack of oil here in the first place seems to be the main reason it lets go due to corriosion of the spring (tks again to members for all their help and advice while I was setting up to make cct's, the amount of info some of you have & gave was in-valueable :thumbup:)
Tray
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

Cheers Mr T.

Will PM with order if I'm gonna do it and will get them fitted during the Workshop day... assuming I can make it!

Nice going BTW!
headgear

Post by headgear »

Could you add me to your list for a pair please, could you pm me with prices etc. :D
Rider on a Storm

first lot of cct's gone i'm afraid, will have more soon and am keeping a list of everyone who pm me and i will contact those members as soon as a set is ready.It will be based on who contacted me first, and if not needed anymore will pm the next on list, tks to all for pm's and interest :clap: , will try to sort as many as possible :thumbup:
Tray
ianmcb

Post by ianmcb »

Please can somebody let me know where I can buy the TT ccts from? My front cct is giving me the death rattle for the third time so it needs replacing and I would like to try a recommended alternative.

thanks;

Ian
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Rider on a Storm wrote:first lot of cct's gone i'm afraid, will have more soon and am keeping a list of everyone who pm me and i will contact those members as soon as a set is ready.It will be based on who contacted me first, and if not needed anymore will pm the next on list, tks to all for pm's and interest :clap: , will try to sort as many as possible :thumbup:
Can you put me on the waiting list for the next batch please my friend...

:thumbup:
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================