Mods old 'n' new

General Bike chat
VTRBOY

Mods old 'n' new

Post by VTRBOY »

Decided to give the credit card a bit of a beating and get everything deliverd to work ('cause the missus don't know!!).

So far delivered:

Undertray
Alloy pegs
Carbon/Kevalr engine armour
15t sprocket

Awaiting arrival:

Goodridge
Braking wave discs
Neon Wire Lighting
Tyre Flys
R1 mirrors
Iridium Airblade screen

Bike has already been painted up in repsol colours but needs a touch-up here and there and has been fitted with remus gp hi-levels and will also be getting the s/arm polished. Then once everythings done it's off to Motorcycle Technics here in Suffolk to have the front and rear suspension sorted.

Roll on summer!!!!!
W@zzA

Mods

Post by W@zzA »

Cool :!: Dunno about neon lighting though :!:
Word of warning though about the tyre flys dont use them unless you have metal vave stems as they are to heavy for rubber ones and they bend they are OK for young Nova boys whose wheels go round at a tenth of the speed ours do.
This includes the tyre pressure check type valve caps an excellent idea but also to heavy, I tried some of these and they had distorted my rubber valve stems after a few weeks.

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
VTRBOY

Post by VTRBOY »

Thanks for the advice mate.

I hope to do the neon thing fairly subtle (until I get carried away). Idea is to run it up inside the undertray to illuminate the back end and maybe inside the little air scoop things near the headlight. I'm hoping the undertray wiring will light up the shock but if not I'll have to do that as well. Then some inside around the clocks, and a maybe to out-line the tank. Then there'e the lettering on the seat unit to out-line. Damn. What was I saying about getting carried away :roll:
bunnybouy

Post by bunnybouy »

I have those wavey discs on my zzr they do make a big difference :D
i want some for the vtr but cant afford them at the moment :cry:

need to get a rear tyre first and pay for my trip.

im doing that moto challenge gp this year so should be fun :D

i got a larger rear spocket on the zzr as well, but dont think i will do it on vtr yet cos i dont like the speedo being to far out :roll:

jay
Last edited by bunnybouy on Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I'd start off with sorting the suspension first. IMHO it's the worst part of the stock Storm setup.
VTRBOY

Post by VTRBOY »

I did honestly thnk about getting the suspension sorted first because like you say it's the bit that needs sorting most. I decided against it though because I thought if I get it done before adding any of the mods I'd be paranoid that any differences in weight (however slight) would throw the whole thing out again. I settled on adding everything first then getting the suspension sorted once the bike was in it's "finished" state.