hi newbie here

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Fatboy

hi newbie here

Post by Fatboy »

Hi, just decided to get back into biking after 4 year years out, the rs250 is gathering dust in the garage, and wanted something a bit more user friendly , so I decided on a Firestorm after a little research. Bought one, well won auction on ebay, (yep, I know) and pic it up sunday. 51 plate, £2k less thank 10k miles, how does that sound? What do I need to look out for, before i hand over the readies, I will walk away and risk the -ve feedback.
Thanks, any advice welcome, Ian :beer:
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: hi newbie here

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hi there & welcome

That sounds like a great deal. :thumbup: all I did was text the reg to the dvla to make sure it aint stolen or insurance write off/outstanding finace etc by texting the reg to 83600. I did and had no worries and the owner was happy with that.I got a really great bike for £1600 for mine with a lot of mods on etc. I would read the thread on the CCTs (which are plastered all over this site, but you can find many in the work shop section) and change your reg/rec too as mine just went on me last weekend but my CCT went on me one month after picking up my bike :(

You get those sorted and you're laughing. As soon as you have pics, post them for us to see, or whilst you wait, post the link to the bike on ebay, in here so we can take a look..The guys on here are very very knowledgeable and know everything there is to know about the Storms, so you have come to the right place.. :clap: Welcome to fun house.. :wave:
ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Mister Stu

Post by Mister Stu »

The first thing i asked before anything else was to see if it had had the timing chain tensioner sorted on the front cylinder! If you start it up and the front cylinder is ticking then walk away!!!! That is what i got told befor i bought mine :thumbup:
Still trying to get my Knee down!!!!!!!!!!!! But i am persistant :)
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

Thanks ABB, done the 83600 thingy, everything seems ok, and read a couple of yr posts bout the rec and the cct, Thanks for the advice
Ian
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Fatboy wrote:Thanks ABB, done the 83600 thingy, everything seems ok, and read a couple of yr posts bout the rec and the cct, Thanks for the advice............No probs hun. If you need ANY advice, just shout as the guys know a heck a lot more than me as I am a mere mortal and :wtf: do I know! I'm learning all the while :roll: as I want to know what the heck it is ride!lol..Wheredo you hail Ian? ABB xxIan
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

do the usual check the fork seals, have a look at the back spring for leaks and flaky paint.
see how shitted up the oil filter is on the outside - if it's been changed recently.
look at the bar ends and lever ends for scuffs.
see if you can (gently) lift the back corners of the tailpiece (lugs break off easy if it's been dropped)
and as i just recently found out on mine, the yoke stops on the frame are very soft - have a look where they meet the yokes on full lock and see if they're deformed at all.
not much goes wrong apart from what abb said - you might've got a good one there :thumbup:

is it blue btw???? :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

welcome along useful forum you have found yourself in the middle of.
benny i think it may be a red one?
if it is thats a cracking looking bike you have there, where you from?
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

It is a red one and I'm from Wirral :D
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Nice work :thumbup:

Used to have a 250 stroker myself :thumbup: Ace bikes :D

The VTR1000F is a different animal-torque speaks louder than words :mrgreen:

Only thing I've found near the RGV is the SP1 I have now (feel wise)-but thats poles apart again... :lol:

Enjoy the forum and welcome :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome on in fatboy, hope all's well sunday when you pick the bike up, oh and the seller cant leave neg feedback if the bike aint right and you walk away! :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard FB :thumbup:
The two main things (CCT's and the rectifier) have already been covered. Also as already been said, apart from those two things the Firestorm's are normally a pretty reliable bike :!:

I hope all goes well for the weekend :)

Chris.
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

Thanks for all the advice guys, heading down south today, and picking her up tomorrow on the way back up. Will post some pics if all things go to plan. Catch you all soon
Ian
Fatboy

Fatboy bike pic!!

Post by Fatboy »

Here's the Ebay puppy Image hope this works!! The one sitting on it is the other love of my life!!!!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

feck me thats shiney mate! wheres me sunglasses 8) looks like its been looked after well :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:thumbup: Nice :D
Looks like you might have lost your Storm already :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal